Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: We Should quarentine new members!!
rhinopower

posted on 18/10/10 at 10:03 PM
Still nothing today, im going to have to buy another ecu from else where, anybody got a spare megasquirt?
kj

posted on 19/10/10 at 06:46 AM
Did any one read the article in this months PPC about Charlies ECU going missing in the post only to be sold at an auction and then the person whos buys the items at the auction sells it on E-Bay.
I know that when they contacted the seller he refused to send the item on to Charlie and like they said what use is an ECU for a 27ltr Rover to anyone else?
The police and Royal mail want nothing to do with it, have a look they were trying to get readers to stop buying from the trader, keep an eye on his items it may come up on his items for sale.

Krismc

posted on 19/10/10 at 08:13 AM
Sorry not had a chance to reply just got back from work in portugal, i see his stance seems to be the same.

I haven't got any work booked in til new year at moment so plenty of spare time to sort this now.

I've been in and seen police as per many u2u's sugested:- they said that they can't class it as theft until the refund has been accepted then been in buyers account for 14days(not sure why-surely 1day is theft) but anyway i must also provide proof of postage and proof delivery or a witness statement to say its been delivered.

So I'm all set, just waiting to see what buyer and paypal decided.

I've got my proof of posting, my witness statements sorted etc

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

karlak

posted on 19/10/10 at 08:28 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krismc
I've got my proof of posting, my witness statements sorted etc

This sounds so strange. It seems that you have proof it was posted and now "proof" via a witness it was delivered. Why is the receiver acting like this ?

It was definitely the correct address it was delivered to? There must be a reasonable explanation. Perhaps I put too much trust in people doing the right thing

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

Krismc

posted on 19/10/10 at 08:37 AM
I don't know why people don't do right thing either mate, bec owners cashed a cheque for 650 quid for work he didnt do, When I went to collect it he ended up going out off business and then moving house. To get away from me and another guy all over 1200quid total.

Why not just do right thing and save face and save hassle.

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

MikeR

posted on 19/10/10 at 02:15 PM
I thought you couldn't prove it was posted as it was sent via the normal post. I'm also surprised the postal worker is able to give a viable statement (or his bosses have allowed it). If it was normal post, he has to remember exactly one item of post compared to the other hundreds he has to deliver, and this memory has to be beyond reasonable doubt.

I don't want to side on any 'side' of this argument but I'm struggling (without any facts) to see how the police will take this forwards. If they do and you win it could have some interesting ramifications for ebay.

Having said all this, I hope this is resolved amicably & you both should consider that anything you write here may be taken down and used in evidence in a court of law

karlak

posted on 19/10/10 at 02:37 PM
For 65p on top, recorded is the minimum I ever send any parcels now.

Sent something on ebay this year and after 5days had not turned up. The buyer was a real pain and I sent her a refund just to shut her up. Luckily for me I checked another week later and the Item was showing as delivered on the RM tracking website.

"oh yes, I was meaning to let you know it arrived" she said, when I contacted her.. Yeh, right love... Shut up and give me my money

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

Krismc

posted on 19/10/10 at 03:46 PM
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
I thought you couldn't prove it was posted as it was sent via the normal post. I'm also surprised the postal worker is able to give a viable statement (or his bosses have allowed it). If it was normal post, he has to remember exactly one item of post compared to the other hundreds he has to deliver, and this memory has to be beyond reasonable doubt.

I don't want to side on any 'side' of this argument but I'm struggling (without any facts) to see how the police will take this forwards. If they do and you win it could have some interesting ramifications for ebay.

Having said all this, I hope this is resolved amicably & you both should consider that anything you write here may be taken down and used in evidence in a court of law

I got parcel eyed up before it left office, although by law they wouldnt open/change or let me have it back and posty hasn't confirmed he got it delivered yet but should have.

it was only in post 3 days before I recieved a message asking how it was sent and soon as I said few days later I received no more messages, emails etc just a paypal note to say item not received. Royal mail state 2nd class can take 15days so could have still been in transit until 25th this month, before its classed as lost.

[Edited on 19/10/10 by Krismc]

rhinopower

posted on 19/10/10 at 05:43 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Krismc
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR

I got parcel eyed up before it left office, although by law they wouldnt open/change or let me have it back and posty hasn't confirmed he got it delivered yet but should have.

it was only in post 3 days before I recieved a message asking how it was sent and soon as I said few days later I received no more messages, emails etc just a paypal note to say item not received. Royal mail state 2nd class can take 15days so could have still been in transit until 25th this month, before its classed as lost.

[Edited on 19/10/10 by Krismc]

So you are agreeing now its not been delivered?

I feel it right to upload the complete screenshots from our conversation by text so people can see exactly what you are saying to me.

You have still not said why you sent it second class when i gave you a fiver to cover postage?

rhinopower

posted on 19/10/10 at 05:49 PM
Also made a trip to my post office this afternoon to chat to the guys and girls who can confirm you have not been in contact with them, and infact talking rubbish. You have not been in contact with any of them, the only phone numbers the drivers have are their personal numbers. I had tried to keep this quiet and not cause problems on here for you, but you have blown this completely out of the water.
Krismc

posted on 19/10/10 at 06:21 PM
Climb back down your hole, you will see me in court then- do I have ya permission to post that up here once its started.?? Don't leave voice mails like that again, ill show you who's the bleeping slimy little liar.

What about phone calls, paypal report, u2us emails you forget about them.

rhinopower

posted on 19/10/10 at 06:32 PM
If there are emails, post them up including headers so nobody can say you made them up.

Can someone ask a board mod to look into the u2u's, they can then confirm that nothing has been sent by me.

And finally, as for the so called 'voicemail', why make that up? I can pull off my itemised phone bill next week and upload that too to show i've not called you since making initial contact.

Fozzie

posted on 19/10/10 at 07:24 PM
I am now closing this thread, as I cannot see any further relevance in keeping it open.

I hope that you both get the issue sorted.

Fozzie ....... Admin

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.