Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cadwell park 8/10/09
coatsey73

posted on 10/10/09 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
Cadwell park 8/10/09

We have just had a trackday at cadwell park in the mnr. Great day and good weather...

happy days..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9t43zVcuVI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVCAlzLI_SI

[Edited on 10/10/09 by coatsey73]

daniel mason

posted on 10/10/09 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
great vids them. is 1min 40.6 secs a good lap around there? never done a track day in my mnr but watching them vids makes me want to! how much are they,and do you need tuition first or do you just book in,turn up and drive?
big-vee-twin

posted on 10/10/09 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
Fantastic Drive, Beautiful track

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

coatsey73

posted on 10/10/09 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
great vids them. is 1min 40.6 secs a good lap around there? never done a track day in my mnr but watching them vids makes me want to! how much are they,and do you need tuition first or do you just book in,turn up and drive?

That is actually my brother driving, his best was a 1;40 and i did a 1;43(i kept getting held up).

i am not sure how good the time is for this type of vehicle but its quicker than i achieved on a bike around there, and the only thing that was passing us on the day was another 7 type on slicks with a busa and an mk with a s2000 engine!!(which he later crashed!)plus the mk in the vid!!

between us we have done lots of trackdays and ring trips and made the progression to an MNR R1 after spending far too much on our m3's (him a e36 and me e30)keeping them in tyres, brakes, etc.

This is the first time we have really drove it, and its a big change from driving the m3. The big difference for me is the entry and corner speed, but even when it gets out of shape you can easily correct it and get back on line. We probably need to get our tyre pressures sorted and the car seems to understeer sometimes, but its a learning curve.

As for cost, we paid £175 for two drivers and you can get tuition for approx £25 for 20 mins....i think javelin trackdays offer free tuition! but it isnt essential and you can just turn up and drive.

There is no going back now, flicking up and down the box with the paddle shift and the engine at 10k...

Get it on track!!

PAUL FISHER

posted on 10/10/09 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
Enjoyed the MK v MNR battle,nice driving from both of you,was your MNR on slicks?

[Edited on 19/05/04 by PAUL FISHER]

coatsey73

posted on 10/10/09 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PAUL FISHER
Enjoyed the MK v MNR battle,nice driving from both of you,was your MNR on slicks?

[Edited on 19/05/04 by PAUL FISHER]

The car is on R888's, I actually think putting it on slicks may spoil the driving experience, good for lap times but i prefer it loose....

PAUL FISHER

posted on 10/10/09 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
Anything in the low 1m 40s is a great lap time for Cadwell,particularly just on a trackday,there's a few drivers racing in the RGB can't get round Cadwell in that time.The MK in the video looks to be the one owned by a guy called Lee,cant remember his second name,but Ive watch him at Cadwell before,he can drive,its one of the very early Indys too,but he's had it quite a while.
You mention you had a M3 how did it compare to the MNR,lap times etc?

coatsey73

posted on 10/10/09 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Anything in the low 1m 40s is a great lap time for Cadwell,particularly just on a trackday,there's a few drivers racing in the RGB can't get round Cadwell in that time.The MK in the video looks to be the one owned by a guy called Lee,cant remember his second name,but Ive watch him at Cadwell before,he can drive,its one of the very early Indys too,but he's had it quite a while.

yes, it was quite an old mk, and yes he could drive it!!

our boys e36 m3 evo went round in 1;48. standard road car on rs2 tyres and bit off camber front and rear.

roadrunner

posted on 10/10/09 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
Great to watch them vids.
Wheels244

posted on 10/10/09 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
Quality Vids

What camera set up are you using ?

coatsey73

posted on 10/10/09 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wheels244
Quality Vids

What camera set up are you using ?

We have gone for a very expensive installation, using tie wraps and gaffer taped the camera to the side impact bar!

camera is a canon md101.

PAUL FISHER

posted on 11/10/09 at 02:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coatsey73
quote:

our boys e36 m3 evo went round in 1;48. standard road car on rs2 tyres and bit off camber front and rear.

Ive managed a 1m 46s in my standard engined Clio 172,on R888's,best time Ive ever done in a Indy was 1m 42s,that was in my old fireblade car,interestingly I was faster in that than in my new Indy R zx10r when I took it to Cadwell,but like your car, it was new to me,and then I sold it before I could take it back again to improve setup and my driving,but I know the Indy R busa cars are sub 1m 35s round there in the right hands,just not in my hands
I am sure you have a few more seconds in your new car too,as you get a few more track miles on it.

coatsey73

posted on 11/10/09 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by coatsey73
quote:

Ive managed a 1m 46s in my standard engined Clio 172,on R888's,best time Ive ever done in a Indy was 1m 42s,that was in my old fireblade car,interestingly I was faster in that than in my new Indy R zx10r when I took it to Cadwell,but like your car, it was new to me,and then I sold it before I could take it back again to improve setup and my driving,but I know the Indy R busa cars are sub 1m 35s round there in the right hands,just not in my hands
I am sure you have a few more seconds in your new car too,as you get a few more track miles on it.

what tyre pressures did you run on track in the indy?

PAUL FISHER

posted on 11/10/09 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
I ran my R888's on the Indy at 16 psi cold,they would then go up to around 20 psi hot.
Gergely

posted on 12/10/09 at 08:50 AM Reply With Quote
Great videos! And great driving, too. Nice!
Gergely

Our build pictures

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.