Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Old Hungaroring video + build update
Gergely

posted on 26/10/09 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
Old Hungaroring video + build update

Hi,
Some might remember the story of our Hungarian, 5VY R1 engined MNR VortX. In april we went on track with it and it spat its oil out, and threw a rod. We found out about the breather modifications required for this engine, so we have done the mods on our second engine. We ran the car on the road for a while to shake everything down. The second engine however had intake valves that should have been replaced by the bike's owner under warranty, since they were faulty. Of course Yamaha didn't change them under warranty for us, so we had to fork out for a new set. Engine out again... This weekend we finally put the engine back in the car with the new valves... so a few hundred kms of running in are on the cards, then we can finally go on the rolling road session to set the Power Commander. Then we put the car away for the winter and wait for spring...

In the meantime, I uploaded an old video from April, where we are on the Hungaroring and are about destroying our first engine... These are the last few laps of the car, although the actual disaster is not on the tape - this camera ran out just before the event...
The sound is fairly good - external microphone under the scuttle -, but the rollbar is in the wrong place unfortunately, next time we will move the camera somewhere lower... it looked fine in the garage...

Video

Just thought I'd share...
Gergely

Our build pictures

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
speedyxjs

posted on 26/10/09 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
Looks cool. Il watch it later when i have access to sound

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

maartenromijn

posted on 26/10/09 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
Nice video! Awesome sound.

I dunno about R1, but my older yamaha race bikes did use a lot of oil...

BLOG: http://thunderroad-super7.blogspot.com/

sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 3/11/09 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
Excellent video, great sound.

Better to Burnout than to Fade Away JET METAL ~ AndySparrow ©

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.