Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Flatshifetr Pro - should I or shouldn't I?
Gergely

posted on 22/12/09 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
Flatshifetr Pro - should I or shouldn't I?

Hi, I got an offer from a shop here in Hungary for a Flatshifter Pro system they have in stock for 300 GBP... Good price I reckon.

The question is: Should I go for it? Will I need it?
I plan to do lots of track days next year and the usual weekend blasts. The car is an MNR and the engine is a 2005 R1. I like the idea of the throttle blip on downsifts as I don't have quite enough space in the footwell for heel and toeing, plus I also like the idea of clutchless shifting...
But will it put more or less strain on the engine and box? Will it be reliable on the long run? What do you reckon?
Thanks!
Gergely

Our build pictures

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
a4gom

posted on 22/12/09 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Gergely, hows the engine breathing now? (We need to catch up on the mods you've made / if they have worked)

I've had a flatshifter on mine since I put the engine in (05 R1), I haven't done many miles or track days as I'm still not happy with the oil issue but I've done a handful of sprints and the flatshifter is awsome. It's a lot of money so hard to justify but you seem to have a good deal though. As I haven't done much I can't comment on the strain it puts on the engine.

Makes you feel like a F1 driver!!

Andy

Perfect planning prevents pi$$ poor performance!

Jon Ison

posted on 22/12/09 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
Very impressed with the flatshifter, the blip on down shift can be a pain on the road though, sat at lights for example looking for natural, I tend not to rely on it on track either to often, prefer to left foot brake, even though it does the job old habits die hard.

Up shifts 1st class 11/10

Downshifts, good but I wouldn't bother personally on the next build, it works but I tend to turn it off for road work. 5/10

imp paul

posted on 22/12/09 at 05:11 PM Reply With Quote
that's a very good price mate lot better than the uk
sorens2

posted on 22/12/09 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
They (MNR) should never build a car without quickshift.

Here is my setup.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVSLAhb3xkU

@ Nordschleife this summer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajGoWEL12fE

Soren S2

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Wheels244

posted on 22/12/09 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Gergely

Is there anymore available for that price ?
I would be really interested in one if there was.
Could you let me know please.

Thanks

Rob

[Edited on 22/12/09 by Wheels244]

antonio

posted on 22/12/09 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
you DONT need it!just give me your shop adresse and i'll buy it to keep you away from tentation!
Gergely

posted on 25/12/09 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers guys!

I decided the price is too good and I always fancied one, so I have ordered it...
I will take delivery in a few days and the winter mods begin:
- Flatshifter installation
- Healtech X-type gear indicator installation
- Barnett clutch springs installation
- Boot fabrication

All this should make the car exactly as I wanted originally...

As for the oil issue: It all seems fine with the mods, no oil loss at all, but I have to say, we have not been on track yet, only on the road. We need to have the Power Commander set up properly on a rolling road as well, that will happen in early spring. Once that is done, we can test the car on track...

Thanks for all the responses guys, and I am afraid there is no more at this price... It was a 50% off deal...

Gergely

Our build pictures

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.