Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Where can I get an inline adapter to fit a temp switch in a hose for a zx12?
bigbravedave

posted on 11/5/10 at 06:53 AM Reply With Quote
Where can I get an inline adapter to fit a temp switch in a hose for a zx12?

Im running a ZX12r on the original copper rad that came with the stuart-taylor kit, I rarely sit in traffic and need the fan on so it’s always been on a switch. I usually flick it on when traffic grinds to a holt but I can guaranty I will forget one day. So was thinking it should have a temp switch in the system just incase. So where can I get an inline adapter to sit in a hose, what material would be best for an adapter, plastic or ally or should I solder an M22 boss onto the radiator. Also what temp cut in/ cut out do people recommend for a zx12 engine. Many thanks for your help
Flamez

posted on 11/5/10 at 07:16 AM Reply With Quote
the zx10r has a sender on the engine block is the zx 12 not similar?

my build mac1motorsports

bigbravedave

posted on 11/5/10 at 08:13 AM Reply With Quote
the zx12 has a temp sender in the block, Its the switch in the radiator for the fan that Im on about
sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 11/5/10 at 08:16 AM Reply With Quote
Merlin Motorsport are pretty good for adapters. http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/

Better to Burnout than to Fade Away JET METAL ~ AndySparrow ©

Rustybin

posted on 11/5/10 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
Kenlowe do a controller which avoids the need for cutting into the cooling system.

http://www.holden.co.uk/displayproduct.asp?sg=1&pgCode=083&sgName=Electrical&pgName=Heaters+%26+Electrical+Fans&agCode=0222&agName =Electric+Fan+Accessories&pCode=080.257

jase380

posted on 12/5/10 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
If you have a wiring diagram and youre using the bike loom you should be able to find the wires that go to the fan when fitted on the bike, just connect these upto your fan and job done..... thats what i did on my zx10r anyway.Works fine no need for any switches or sensors.
stephen.holdcroft

posted on 12/5/10 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
I have the kenlowe switch on my zzr1100 bec and it works a treat, also used the rad temperature switch in parrallel in case the kenlowe set up fails. For belt and braces have got a on/off switch for traffic jams. good to be safe

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.