Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: IVA electrics - How much convoluted tubing does IVA man want to see?
eznfrank

posted on 7/6/10 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
IVA electrics - How much convoluted tubing does IVA man want to see?

Just finished wiring up the rear end of the car and have the wires through convoluted tubing all through the tunnel from the front and spilt to both lights at the back, but do I need to go mad with it and do all the way up to the reg plate light and up to the top of the wings for the side repeaters or does it just need to be secure?
tomgregory2000

posted on 7/6/10 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
my sva man wanted every loose wire in a hollow cover to protect it from rubbing through even though they were held with p clips and it just tidys it all up
eznfrank

posted on 7/6/10 at 02:17 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like I better order more tubing then!!
tegwin

posted on 7/6/10 at 02:29 PM Reply With Quote
Look in your tintop... I bet there is no convoluted tubing inside the body/pannels etc running up to lights... Just fabric/cloth loom tape!!

Engine bay components on my polo are about the only things that are religiously protected with tape and convoluted tubing...

trying to get tubing to look neat on small wires etc is a nightmare... I would use proper loom tape, grommits and insulated/nylon P clips!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 7/6/10 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
Don't forget PVC Sleeving for smaller numbers of wires, and heat shrink to finish it off, and perhaps loom tape or self amalgamating tape for the loom end.

http://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/product/338

Better to Burnout than to Fade Away JET METAL ~ AndySparrow ©

eznfrank

posted on 7/6/10 at 03:35 PM Reply With Quote
So far every wire is in loom tape, it's just the odd little ones like reg light and front indicators which are a pain to do due to space and seems like a waste but I think I'll just order some and do it all. They can't complain although how they are supposed to check wire guage I'll never know?
ashg

posted on 7/6/10 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
when i had my iva everything either needed to be in convoluted tube or spiral wrap for the odd single wire.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

blakep82

posted on 7/6/10 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tomgregory2000
my sva man wanted every loose wire in a hollow cover to protect it from rubbing through even though they were held with p clips and it just tidys it all up

this is the bit i never understand.... if its going to rub through when loose, why won't it rub inside a tube? lol

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.