Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: hayabusa fuel return
dilley

posted on 15/8/10 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
hayabusa fuel return

I seem to remember someone saying that the busa has no fuel return?? can someone shed some light on this please as I would like to find a new fuel tank, how is a swirl pot used??? any help appreciated!
sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 16/8/10 at 10:00 AM Reply With Quote
If I recall correctly the 'Busa fuel pump and regulator are one piece with the fuel flowing from tank through pump and regulator back to tank. The high pressure pipe then goes from regulator to fuel rail with no return. This set up is fine. I used an aftermarket fuel pump and separate regulator, going tank, filter, fuel pump in the rear and fuel pipe to regulator, return from regulator to tank and feed pipe from regulator to fuel rail.

This system works well but I have encountered some fuel surge when the tank is not full (fuel slops to one side on hi g turns and starves the pump) so I will probably modify the system so a low pressure pump feeds a swirl pot and the high pressure pump takes its feed from the swirl pot.

Better to Burnout than to Fade Away JET METAL ~ AndySparrow ©

dilley

posted on 16/8/10 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for that, what pump/regulator are you running?
cosmick

posted on 16/8/10 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
Hayabusa Fuel Pump

Early Hayabusa's ran a fuel pump outside the tank and had a pressure regulator and return back to the tank. From 2002 onwards, this was changed to an in tank pump which has its own regulator. All the latest Suzuki bikes run this system and it works well. I have a GSX R1000K7 fuel pump mounted in the bottom of my tank with a small swirl pot built in to the tank. There is only one line to the fuel rail with NO return. This makes the installation very simple and extremely neat as there is no need for a return pipe or pressure regulator. See my archive photos of before and after to give you an idea of the changes and the clean lines under the bonnet.

If it can't be fixed with a hammer then its probably an electrical problem.

dilley

posted on 17/8/10 at 08:03 AM Reply With Quote
Mine is a 2001, I will have to have a look and see what Malc supplied me with.
cosmick

posted on 17/8/10 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
It doesn't matter what year your engine is as mine is a1999 and it converts easily to the later type fuel pump. All that you need to do if it is the early type is remove the fuel pump from the throttle bodies and purchase one of the later type pumps. fit it into your tank and run one pipe to the fuel rail. That's it.

Cosmick

If it can't be fixed with a hammer then its probably an electrical problem.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.