Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Thanks to admin/mods
loggyboy

posted on 14/3/11 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks to admin/mods

I'd just like to thank them for protecting us against the scary knowledge that people might drive whilst on drugs. I for one didnt think it was bad and im glad I now know differently!
MikeRJ

posted on 14/3/11 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
Why post pointless spam like this? What does it achieve?
loggyboy

posted on 14/3/11 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
I was voicing my displeasure at (IMO) unnecessary censorship on an adult frequented website.

I could argue its as pointless as your reply?

scootz

posted on 14/3/11 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
?

It's Evolution Baby!

loggyboy

posted on 14/3/11 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
Refers to this thread BTW:
http://locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=151900

blakep82

posted on 14/3/11 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
?

the 'whats you best crash' thread...

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

mrwibble

posted on 14/3/11 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
i admit the title was poor...
scootz

posted on 14/3/11 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
I can see Fozzie's point... doesn't paint the (largely educational) forum in a good light!

It's Evolution Baby!

jollygreengiant

posted on 14/3/11 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
Personally I can't possibly, see what justification there could be, for bragging about very poor ( or Worse) driving standards.

Not something I could be proud of. I value my ability to control a car.

Cheers fozzie.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

blakep82

posted on 14/3/11 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
I can see Fozzie's point... doesn't paint the (largely educational) forum in a good light!

no... 'my brother wasn't on best form' would have done, still, we're all grown up, we know it happens, and i guess it shows that using stuff like that caused the crash, and its a bad thing,

either way when chris or fozzie see this it'll be closed too and maybe deleted, so it achieves nothing anyway, except pissing them off
same as this one
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=151935

[Edited on 14/3/11 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

loggyboy

posted on 14/3/11 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
Oh yes, I forgot, accidents only happen to people when its 'their' driving thats at fault.

If the comments re drug use were considered 'inappropriate' then surely a simple amendment to that post would have surficed?

Hellfire

posted on 14/3/11 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
Although I agree with Fozzies closing comments on the thread, I don't think it should have been closed. It wasn't getting particularly heated and didn't refer to any member of this forum. I've seen far more heated debates on drink driving topics..............

Phil

Fozzie

posted on 14/3/11 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
This website is primarily for those who are building cars.......seeking help with their builds, and a bit of chat....well actually a lot of chat.

It is NOT an 'adult only' forum........

It is also used very frequently by schools and colleges.........

You (loggyboy and mr wibble) clearly have little knowledge of guidelines and legalities involved in running a responsible forum.

As said..there was no problem with the topic, even though rather tasteless/pointless, it was the reference to an illegal
dare I say it, crime .... that was the issue.

You would do well to remember that any post on this site is 'making an announcement to the world.'
Anyone can see and read them.

I/we do not close threads lightly, thought and discussion usually precedes......and for those that have participated in the closed
thread it will not always be a popular decision.

ChrisW (site owner) and I both had the same view to close the thread.

Fozzie.......Admin

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

mrwibble

posted on 14/3/11 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
it would of been nice to talk about this in private, however you haven't given me any choice and i'll have to reply here.

I think if u had thought about a legal and responsibly guided forum you would of deleted the offending remarks, and not done as u have now, which is draw attention to them instead.

as for if it was a bit tasteless, there were a few laughs in that thread aswell, and as for pointless, next time someone says nice weather today, will u just ignore them or pass the time of day?

and if u want to talk about crimes, go and look at the thread marked how fast did u drive on a public highway?!

as i have made clear elsewhere, my annoucement about my brothers poor judgement which i DIDN'T know about when i got in the car.

Had it been a comment about drink driving I don't think you would of done the same.

Fozzie

posted on 14/3/11 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mrwibble
it would of been nice to talk about this in private, however you haven't given me any choice and i'll have to reply here.

I think if u had thought about a legal and responsibly guided forum you would of deleted the offending remarks, and not done as u have now, which is draw attention to them instead.

as for if it was a bit tasteless, there were a few laughs in that thread aswell, and as for pointless, next time someone says nice weather today, will u just ignore them or pass the time of day?

and if u want to talk about crimes, go and look at the thread marked how fast did u drive on a public highway?!

as i have made clear elsewhere, my annoucement about my brothers poor judgement which i DIDN'T know about when i got in the car.

Had it been a comment about drink driving I don't think you would of done the same.

Sorry.........but you are the one drawing attention to this.......yes......I got your u2u......
There was nothing in it to change the decision.......

Edit to add.....Oh yes...perhaps, mr wibble, you would look at Nick205's title again.....it does NOT mention a 'Public Highway' .....

[Edited on 14-3-11 by Fozzie]

mrwibble

posted on 14/3/11 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
yeah and i was nice and polite and would of at least responded to you had the tables been turned.

sigh. enough point scoring fozzie i've clearly rattled you, so they all did 130 on track did they, not if you read the posts...

never mind mate, i just think you could of handled it better, i think i could of asked a better question in my post, and maybe been a bit more sensitive to peoples concerns.

[Edited on 14/3/11 by mrwibble]

JoelP

posted on 14/3/11 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
sometimes as moderator fozzie has to make a decision that wont please everyone. Thats life. I think its bang out of order giving her a hard time about it, its a voluntary job that someone has to do.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

mrwibble

posted on 14/3/11 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
sometimes as moderator fozzie has to make a decision that wont please everyone. Thats life. I think its bang out of order giving her a hard time about it, its a voluntary job that someone has to do.

i think we're all human and make mistakes.

blakep82

posted on 14/3/11 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mrwibble
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP

i think we're all human and make mistakes.

is that you admiting you made a mistake in persuing this?
sorry i couldn't resist that, i'm not getting involved in this lol

Fozzie

posted on 14/3/11 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
Mr Wibble.........I do not recall anyone talking of taking recreational drugs before, during, or after .......in Nick's thread,
if I am incorrect please do show me the post.

As for being 'rattled'......................Mr Wibble..you clearly do NOT know me.......

Coffee and Hobnobs anyone?

blakep82

posted on 14/3/11 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fozzie
Coffee and Hobnobs anyone?

any popcorn?

McLannahan

posted on 14/3/11 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
Orange "Club" and a cha please Fozzie. Hoping of course they still make orange Clubs??

Agriv8

posted on 14/3/11 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
can I have a decaff as its too late for leaded coffee for me and chocolate given up for lent in the agriv8 house.

PS I Cut down to one cup of coffee a day and one cup of tea - 4 weeks in and talk about cold turkey ( from up to 7 or 8 cupps strong coffe 2 spoons of instant ) worse than giving up a 20 fags a day ( not quite true but it feels that way ) but doctos orders are doctors orders.

anyhow fozzie you fully mended yet ?

regards agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

Fozzie

posted on 14/3/11 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
Blake.....sorry.....I'm fresh out of popcorn .....DLT has just scoffed it all....

Mac........sugar in your cha? ....mmmm ... orange Clubs.....hope they do still make them, but I only have a choice of
Penguins or Chunky KitKats ...oh and choccy Hobnobs......

MikeR

posted on 14/3/11 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
Can we have milk chocolate hob nobs and tea? misses has a think for dark chocolate biscuits ..............

although if we're being flash, can i have battenburg?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.