New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: need thinner seats..advice please
Kev36

posted on 28/6/11 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
need thinner seats..advice please

Hi
(6ft 4)

is it worth making own seat???
need thinner seat , seem to be losing 4 inches with current set up..

if not who manufactors thin seats... with padding please..
want to tour europe next year.. dont fancy it with kart seat.

thanks

' A rich man is just a poor man ...with an awful lot of money..'

matt_gsxr

posted on 28/6/11 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
Those fibreglass seats can be much more comfortable than you would expect, and very good value.

I tried a Triton one, and sat in is watching a long (3 hour) film. Very very comfy, no padding. Sadly it didn't fit in my tiny car.

I have JK composites ones, and they aren't as comfy (for me) and are a bit flimsy, but are super light-weight.

Kev36

posted on 28/6/11 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote
thanks matt

anyone 6ft 4 have triton seat... how do they feel?

' A rich man is just a poor man ...with an awful lot of money..'

shaun fulcrum

posted on 29/6/11 at 04:18 AM Reply With Quote
I have triton seats and have had a 6ft 2 passenger. He was shocked at the comfort plain fibreglass seats gave.

I have added a couple of pads for my bum though not for comfor, more to stop me slipping forward.

Hope that helps.

russbost

posted on 29/6/11 at 07:06 AM Reply With Quote
I drove to Le Mans & back with plain fibreglass seats - my passenger fell asleep - he was obviously too comfy!
Seriously, got out of the car feeling better than having spent the same time in my tin top!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
stantman67

posted on 13/7/11 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
I am 6'5" and have the JK Composite plain black ones no padding. I find them very comfy (Better than the Westy Sports previously fitted) and they have dropped me about 1.5 to 2" in the car.

Mrs W who is also 6' has also comented on there comfort.

Longest run so far has been about 1.5 hours each way on a mixed set of country A & B roads

dhutch

posted on 13/7/11 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shaun fulcrum
I have triton seats and have had a 6ft 2 passenger. He was shocked at the comfort plain fibreglass seats gave.

I have added a couple of pads for my bum though not for comfor, more to stop me slipping forward.

They are good, i have some fibreglass seats, bought of fredcarbon on ebay for £70 each and am 6ft2.

I have 5mm of stickyback neoprene foam on the bottom/back (3a sheets) which again is mainly to make it less slippy and thats fine for anything upto about 1h30/2hours. If im going on a 3-4hour trip, or when i went over to nurburg, i throw some 1inch thick open cell foam in jst under my bum which makes all the difrence for the long drive which is then as good as anything else.

Daniel

wz1musik

posted on 14/7/11 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
i just found some 42cm wide seats on ebay, link here

Universal Sports Bucket Seats Ideal for KIT CAR **PAIR* | eBay

look ok i think.

Kind Regards

Wesley

swanny

posted on 14/7/11 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote
in a few sevens the trouble i've had with orginal seats is not just the thickness of the back but also the angle of the seat.
seats often seem to have quite a 'well reclined' angle to them that doesnt match the rear of the car and often means you have 4-5 inches of space behind the seat at the bottom but have the top of the seat rubbing against the rear of the car.
got some cobra roadster seats off here and they have been fine. but i've been in a car that had roadsters with double the packing in the seat (re trim job) and they were really comfy; no numb bum!

Paul

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.