Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: AC Cobra, Ferrari California, Jaguar XKR + a trip to Le Mans
nick205

posted on 30/12/11 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
AC Cobra, Ferrari California, Jaguar XKR + a trip to Le Mans

Well....a rather cracking Christmas all round!

First off, SWMBO and my 2 sisters presented me and 2 brother-in-laws with a lads trip to Le Mans 2012. A full 5 day trip while they stay home and look after all 7 kids between them. This was a total surprise and a superb gift as the 3 of us lads get on brilliantly and share a huge passion for all things petrol powered I've been once before when I was 16 (20+ yrs ago) so really looking forward to seeing it all again.

Boxing Day my Dad asks the 3 of us lads if we'd pop down and help one of his neighbours move a couple of cars. An odd request, but off we went to help out. When we got their we were handed the keys to his AC Cobra, Ferrari California and Jaguar XKR and instructed to "bring them back in the same condition, but otherwise go have fun!"

Well after collecting our jaws from the floor and being given a basic lesson on the Ferrari and Jag's various electronic settings off we went for a couple of hours. We all got a damn good drive of each car and had an absolute blast in them.

Briefly, all 3 cars were obviously awesome; The Cobra was simply brutal, but with damp roads had to be treated with great respect. The Ferrari was very very fast and sounded like an opera, but on balance the number and complexity of electronic settings detracted from the overall experience. The XKR was on balance my favourite, again very very quick, but less frantic than the Ferrari. The Supercharged engine also had a much better feel and sound to it (IMHO). I'd have any of them in a heart beat of course

California
California

ac cobra
ac cobra

XKR pics on brother-in-laws phone!

[Edited on 30/12/11 by nick205]

hootsno1

posted on 30/12/11 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
LUCKY MAN
Im very jealous

If a little hammer won't fix it get a bigger hammer

lewis

posted on 30/12/11 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
Wow can I join your family! Also goin to lemans in 2012 mate so I will see you there! Camping at the Porsche curves really looking forward to it as it will be my first time!

I am a driving god!..........sort of

morcus

posted on 30/12/11 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
That sounds awesome, I want to be friends with your dads neighbour. My dad had me move a car on Boxing day but I'm sure you had much more fun than I had moving his Nissan to stop his neighbour blocking the house.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

gottabedone

posted on 30/12/11 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
........you luck lucky !"$££%^%^$%^&

What a present

Steve

steve m

posted on 30/12/11 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
I did lemans this year, all arranged by our leader ChrisW

I had a fab time, and would sell a kidney to do it again, but what with work, shift pattern, and family commitments
i will try and go in 2013

Steve

wombat

posted on 30/12/11 at 11:23 PM Reply With Quote
Can I have the lottery numbers for this Saturday please? Wow that's awesome good luck to you. Nice to hear some good news!
ChrisW

posted on 31/12/11 at 11:28 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
I did lemans this year, all arranged by our leader ChrisW

I had a fab time, and would sell a kidney to do it again, but what with work, shift pattern, and family commitments
i will try and go in 2013

Steve

Shame you're not coming this year, Steve! I'm looking forward to it already. We're staying on Houx as usual.

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.