Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Raw striker rolling road results,
INDY BIRD

posted on 13/6/12 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
Raw striker rolling road results,

Got my car today finally on the rollers,

After as always a nervous morning but solved the cold start issues, then went on to mapping,

Results I was hoping for around 190 bhp ,

End result 185.5 bhp, and 142.5 ft lib torque,

Developed a small miss fire at the end with a plug starting to play up so could have seen some smaller increase in bhp but nothing major, currently running Bosch super 4 s but will go back to some ngks I think,

Will take pic of result and post later,

Engine is a STD bottom end 1.8 k series with modified head and jenny throttle bodies, with piper 285 cams,

It's a shame as was pulling hard wright to the top end just needs more rpm and then can lease more power, but that will mean crank rods and pistons, big ££££££, but would release to about 220 bhp, I think I'll get it on track and see,

On the road I must say it was very quick and gets through the six speed box very rapid, so no comlaints there,

Thanks all

Sean

Dopdog

posted on 13/6/12 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
Well done good result, you just need to get out and get some track time in it
twybrow

posted on 13/6/12 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
Nice result! It's all in the driving to feel the results!

What rev limit do you currently run? Any chance we can see the graphs?

striker-4age

posted on 13/6/12 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
at toms rollers sean ?

any videos ?

INDY BIRD

posted on 13/6/12 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
I'm on the iPad at mo so will take pic later and post up when I have my camera,

Rev limit set at 7700 hard cut, 7600 soft cut, that's as much as I dare go, I think they cn go to 7800 max on STD bottom end,and rods pistons etc,

My brothers car who has all the bottom end rods etc done revs to 8700 which is what I need as it is still piling hard at 7700'

Tanks and it's on the road,track that's counts and it picks up so well, the six speed box is a peach,

Next job is fitting the 13's wheels hope to finish this tommo then it's going in for switch fitting, for a flat shifter function, seen one fitted to the omex system on a cater ham sounds awesome with flat shifter like a sequential box, and flat floor set up, first track outing I hope will be 7 th July,

Then maybe full cage, lots still to do,

I have also fitted a strut brace in the engine bay between the top rocker arms to add some chassis strength and also a rar one between top a arms and the diff to stiffen things up and add strength,

Will post pics later,

Thanks all
Sean,

Yep striker was mapped at toms, good guy, and does a good job, he liked your car a a lot, loved the screaming engine,

[Edited on 13/6/12 by INDY BIRD]

INDY BIRD

posted on 13/6/12 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
dyno 1 bhp
dyno 1 bhp

torque figure one and afr shows spike but plugs was starting to go so need a new set would have got a little bit more if the plugs would have stayed in good order, never mind next time,
dyno 2 torque
dyno 2 torque

loggyboy

posted on 13/6/12 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
Nice even curve, what was the wheel HP?

Mistral Motorsport

INDY BIRD

posted on 13/6/12 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
I didn't ask for whp but will call him tommo on that to see etc,
striker-4age

posted on 13/6/12 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
yes m8 tom is a top bloke thanks for putting me onto him
bi22le

posted on 13/6/12 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by INDY BIRD
I'm on the iPad at mo so will take pic later and post up when I have my camera,

Rev limit set at 7700 hard cut, 7600 soft cut, that's as much as I dare go, I think they cn go to 7800 max on STD bottom end,and rods pistons etc,

My brothers car who has all the bottom end rods etc done revs to 8700 which is what I need as it is still piling hard at 7700'

Tanks and it's on the road,track that's counts and it picks up so well, the six speed box is a peach,

Next job is fitting the 13's wheels hope to finish this tommo then it's going in for switch fitting, for a flat shifter function, seen one fitted to the omex system on a cater ham sounds awesome with flat shifter like a sequential box, and flat floor set up, first track outing I hope will be 7 th July,

Then maybe full cage, lots still to do,

I have also fitted a strut brace in the engine bay between the top rocker arms to add some chassis strength and also a rar one between top a arms and the diff to stiffen things up and add strength,

Will post pics later,

Thanks all
Sean,

Yep striker was mapped at toms, good guy, and does a good job, he liked your car a a lot, loved the screaming engine,

Interesting read Sean about the chassis mods your doing to the Striker. Did it feel loose to you or are you doing the braces under good instruction? I, for one, would like to see pics when you have got some.

13" wheel conversion will be a pig, are you changing the rear end to rose joints to acheive this?

There is a Striker cage for sale from someone on here on ebay at the mo:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=striker+roll+cage&_sacat=See-All-Categories

NTDWM.

Good luck with the mods and keep in touch with the track days.Ill join you soon but I am still licking my wounds from the ring at the mo. I got there and back but its still bloomin' expensive!

Wayne

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

Dopdog

posted on 13/6/12 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
that is interesting about the chassis mod. I will see if I can put some pictures on here if not they will be in my photos of the cross brace breaking holding my diff in. I have had it braced since but not though about between the shock mounts?

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/photos.php?action=showphoto&photo=12diff.jpg

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/photos.php?action=showphoto&photo=6diff1.jpg

[Edited on 13/6/12 by Dopdog]

[Edited on 13/6/12 by Dopdog]

INDY BIRD

posted on 13/6/12 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
Ouch yep not good, What diff is that then? I'm running sierra diff LSD,

Illl post up some pics tomorrow,

Dopdog

posted on 14/6/12 at 06:04 AM Reply With Quote
its a Subaru diff
INDY BIRD

posted on 27/6/12 at 01:25 PM Reply With Quote
Loggyboy,

As requested I got the wheel horse power result was 154 bhp at wheels so not to bad?

Can't wait to get on ack now,

Thanks

loggyboy

posted on 27/6/12 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers, that is a good figure indeed. I always feel thats a more real representation (ignoring manufactuerers figures) as unless the engine is on a dyno itself, the calculations made to give fly wheel power can vary from RR to RR.

Mistral Motorsport

INDY BIRD

posted on 27/6/12 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
Yep they can vary from rr to another,

I have had all my cars on this rr at tcs and each been happy with, my zx10 turbo and dad rush turbo once sold on they went on other synod and the n owners said they made more power than my doing outs from this rr, so they was happy but I think this is more accurate a representation of what it really is,

But hey I'm happy ish will always want more power??

Cheers and good luck with the build

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.