Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Do soft-tops appreciate in the summer?
phelpsa

posted on 22/7/12 at 01:29 PM Reply With Quote
Do soft-tops appreciate in the summer?

There is the question.

I know it is often said, but does it often happen? With the MR2 needing some tidying up I had been looking at getting an MX5 while it was off the road. Am I better off waiting until the rainy season or is it a myth?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
britishtrident

posted on 22/7/12 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
Do summers still exist ?

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

austin man

posted on 22/7/12 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
when the suns out they do command a bit more, dont know if youve noticed we are in the rainy season lol

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

designer

posted on 22/7/12 at 02:07 PM Reply With Quote
Demand is up in Spring and down in Autumn, as do prices.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Slimy38

posted on 22/7/12 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
Bikes and convertibles are the biggest example of seasonal purchases, you can see 20-30% price change between equivalent models either end of the summer season.

I wouldn't consider buying an MX5 donor until the autumn/winter.

Although as britishtrident says, this year has been odd. I wouldn't be surprised if people are already declaring the summer a lost cause and disposing of their summer toys early.

phelpsa

posted on 22/7/12 at 03:05 PM Reply With Quote
Probably best wait until september then!

BigFaceDave

posted on 22/7/12 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
Are you after a cheap MX5 then? Im looking to sell mine, 1995 1.8 in green about 4 months T+T I think. Cosmetically challeneged not too bad but no show car (not as bad as it sounds) but incredible fun good hood etc. Bought from another forum member last october and just used as a toy, just under 81k I think looking for £800ish
phelpsa

posted on 22/7/12 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BigFaceDave
Are you after a cheap MX5 then? Im looking to sell mine, 1995 1.8 in green about 4 months T+T I think. Cosmetically challeneged not too bad but no show car (not as bad as it sounds) but incredible fun good hood etc. Bought from another forum member last october and just used as a toy, just under 81k I think looking for £800ish

Any photos?

BigFaceDave

posted on 22/7/12 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote

1a
1a

2a
2a

As you can see I have welded 2 small patches on the sills at the back but there is no signs of it needing any more welding at the minute (Im a welder so if ther was I would have just done it). It may possibly need a bush somewhere as sometimes when you brake and the car moves from back to front it makes a very slight 'click' noise but apart from that its pretty much all good apart from the odd ding here and there. It sounds worse than it is just trying to be as honest as possible! only selling as the 52 mile a day commute is a bit expensive in my van so I have bought a cheap golf tdi so this needs to go!

[Edited on 22/7/12 by BigFaceDave]

phelpsa

posted on 22/7/12 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like the sort of thing i'm after! Need to shift the Discovery before I can bring one home though and at that price it probably won't hang around

Jon Ison

posted on 22/7/12 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
Swimbo as had her top off today, 1st time this year
morcus

posted on 22/7/12 at 11:02 PM Reply With Quote
Most of the time I've found it easier to drive with the roof down unless I'm going on the motor way, you don't really notice the rain until you get stopped at the lights. Much easier to park too.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.