Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: zx9r klein needle washers
Fishface

posted on 9/4/13 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
zx9r klein needle washers

I have the needles with the grooves so you can adjust the circlip height but they also have two washers. Is it one washer below the circlip and one above does anyone know???

Thanks

Andy B

posted on 9/4/13 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
When you use the dynojet needles the larger thin washer is the seat that goes under the circlip , the small washer is a half spacer that can be used to lift the needle half a full groove when richening the mixture so the answer is it depends if it is being used or if it is being stored. If stored it sits on top of the needle until you want to use it
Regards
Andy

Fishface

posted on 9/4/13 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
nice one, thanks for that. I put them both underneath so will have a look and sort out. Im having loads of trouble getting it to run right and was blaming th carbs, now im beginning to think its the MJ unit and my wiring loom. Think its time to start again and perhaps with one of these nodiz units
Fishface

posted on 21/4/13 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
Rit fitted the nodiz in attempt sort of fashion and it seems better.
Had loads of backfiring which I think I have narrowed down to not sealing my diaphragms and not doing the rubber to the manifold tight enough.
So that leaves me with good idling but bogs down when push the accelerator.
Now as th guy I brought these off said they were off a zetec I'm thinking jetting should be nearly there so I think it's either the balancing that I played around with that is causing it or perhaps the paper gasket I made to put in between the carb inlet manifold and the head. Would the balancing causing bogging down.

Fishface

posted on 22/4/13 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
Update! Bogging down likely to be due to not setting the timing. No marks on my engine so will be trying to time it through the software.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.