Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Sorry Wheels again!!!!!
Doyleee

posted on 18/5/13 at 10:53 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry Wheels again!!!!!

I just bought some secondhand pro race 1.2 off ebay 15" et 38 in good condition for £200 with tyres (not going to use tyres) im currently on 17" can remember if they are 205/40 17 or 215/40 17 but was wondering if i get 195/50 15 r888 (as i have that type on them on now and are excellent) or put t1r's on and keep them solely for road a then get 13" for track with r888, thing is car doesn't see much road and i was wondering is there a real difference between 13 and 15 on track if im not competing and doing just novice days?
also if i stick with 15 fir track i can afford willwoods?,
Opinions much appreciated

ashg

posted on 19/5/13 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
if you go for 15's you can fit the excellent toyo R1Rs they are in between the 888 and the t1r, the compound is similar to the 888 but the have a bit more of a tread pattern for road use and wet weather. as for how goo they are....

there are people in my local club dumping their 13's with 888's on and fitting 15's with r1r's (r1r's start at 15inch and go up)

a note on the t1r's basically they are poo on a 7. people rave about them for some reason, i think its because they work well on production cars, my experience is that they are way to hard and lack feel of the road. the R1R's are worlds better by a long long way.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

Doyleee

posted on 19/5/13 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
Nice one didn't even have them in my thoughts they do seem a better price

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.