Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Silverstone Challenge day
tul214

posted on 25/5/13 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
Silverstone Challenge day

I was lucky enough to attend Silverstone on Thursday on their Silverstone Challenge Day.

What a great day

If anyone is thinking about a this I would thoroughly recommend it.

The V10 R8 is awesome and the little single seaters were great fun inbetween the showers

I think the high lite for me was as a passenger around the Grand Prix circuit in a race spec Caterham, driven by Euan Hankey. I thought I drove my Tiger quick at track days when I had it.... but this boy is mental

Silv
Silv

1.6 Raw Super6 sold

cerbera

posted on 25/5/13 at 04:09 PM Reply With Quote
That looks like good fun.

How are the instructors? Do they encourage you to go as fast as you can or are they the type that keep telling you to change up early and brake miles before a corner?

tul214

posted on 25/5/13 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
The instructors are great. Really want you to get it right.

The whole day you are scored. In the GT's etc it is on your line, smoothness etc but in the single seaters and in the Caterhams auto-testing it is on fastest lap.

There are no power sapping magic buttons as could be proved by the poor sod who crashed a V10 Audio R8 into the pit lane wall coming around Club corner

Car was craned away and hes was carted off to hospital. At the end of the day he was 'posthumously' awarded a pair of fluffy dice!

1.6 Raw Super6 sold

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.