Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: BEC Help
Gremlin

posted on 16/8/13 at 11:12 PM Reply With Quote
BEC Help

Hi all, been a while since I have been on here.

I am looking to start a fresh project and am trying to decide on the best seven to build around a bike engine. I began a MK Indy many moons ago and based it around an R1 engine but mid way through the build had to sell the project due to a divorce.

Years later I am finally in a situation I can begin again and wonder what has changed over the past 10 years... What are the best or most used bike engines and which kits are suited best?

Any help is appreciated so thanks in advance... Mike

[Edited on 16/8/13 by Gremlin]

EZy GreMLiN

"The only way to get rid of temptation is too give in to it..!"

ReMan

posted on 16/8/13 at 11:25 PM Reply With Quote
R1 is still a competent budget motor.
You need a reverse now.
Otherwise cest'la vie

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

fesycresy

posted on 17/8/13 at 07:13 AM Reply With Quote
If I had the money I'd have a Megabusa.

If you like the nosecone / bonnet, then perhaps an MNR. The Indy R is setting some cracking lap times. Aries / ST, is still one of the best handling, if a little small.

Engine, R1 on a budget, still a cracking motor. ZX10 if you can find a 3.38 or 3.14 diff. ZZR 1400 if you have the cash.

Clear as mud......

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Brett Jones

posted on 17/8/13 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
Busa Engine

NTDWM

Found these on piston heads if you looking for a Busa engine.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/motorsport/parts-and-accessories/motorsport-parts/suzuki-hayabusa-engine-kit/902734

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/motorsport/parts-and-accessories/motorsport-parts/2005-1300cc-suzuki-hayabusa-engine-kit/1047213

http://mnrvtecvortxbuild.blogspot.co.uk/

markie t

posted on 18/8/13 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
have a dynojetted 4xv carbed r1 in my indy and still scares me plenty enough, have ran it for 3 years now and no serious problems as long as you change the oil/filter on a regular basis and make sure there is enough oil in the sump before going out for a blast, only mod I have done with it is fit the stronger 5jj box as killed the original one (kept jumping in and out of 2nd gear at about 9k but I think this was due to a bent selector fork and the dogs weren't engaging properly), I personally cant fault the carbed r1 engine seem very strong and plenty of torque and the induction noise is immense. I know there re a lot more powerfull engines out there, but believe me 165bhp (crank power) 125bhp (at the rear wheels) in something that weighs 475kg with me in it and half a tank of fuel will put a massive smile on your face, I have never taken any passenger out in it that has not sh*t themselves when going full chat round b roads, just feels a bit slow to me when 2 up though, difference is amazing when I am in it by myself feels massively faster, anyway that's my 2pennies worth, hope it helps, regards mark.
markie t

posted on 18/8/13 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
sorry forgot to add that you will only need to find a 3.62 diff for the r1 so no expensive diffs that are like rocking horse poo to find and 3.62 lsd's are only bout £100 or less, you will be paying 3-4 times that for a 3.38 or possibly even more for a very rare 3.14 which you will then have to convert at more cost if you want a 3.14 lsd.
Gremlin

posted on 19/8/13 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks all, much to think about but at least I wouldn't be a million miles out of it with what I had in mind before. Thanks again.

EZy GreMLiN

"The only way to get rid of temptation is too give in to it..!"

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.