Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Remaps...
Simon

posted on 13/5/21 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
Remaps...

I am collecting a very low mileage Vx Insignia estate next Friday and thinking about getting it remapped.

It's the 168 bhp diesel and Superchips reckon they can get to 218bhp (and torques from 400 to 460 ish) for £299 (if booked before end May).

More than a Sierra Cosworth (yeah, I know, twice the weight).

So, have you done it , was it worth it etc etc.

Cheers

S

snapper

posted on 14/5/21 at 04:51 AM Reply With Quote
With 400 torques standard I’d run it for a bit before shelling out 300 squids

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

roadrunner

posted on 14/5/21 at 06:29 AM Reply With Quote
I fitted my A6 diesel with a tuning box. Made a massive difference in torque but because it's a front wheel drive , it can't handle the power.
Especially in the wet.

I really miss my old Quattro.

steve m

posted on 14/5/21 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
I cant comment on how much performance can be made, but i do have experiance with having a Mondeo Tdci 2.0 remapped for low end tourque, for towing, and high end for economey, the before and after was like driving different cars

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

FamilyGuy

posted on 15/5/21 at 10:05 AM Reply With Quote
The turby diesels do map well. I wouldn't be too fussed on peak power figures. I mapped my old bmw120d and it was night and day.
nick205

posted on 17/5/21 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner
I fitted my A6 diesel with a tuning box. Made a massive difference in torque but because it's a front wheel drive , it can't handle the power.
Especially in the wet.

I really miss my old Quattro.

FWD would be my concern as well.

I had a Seat Leon Cupra TDI 150bhp (FWD), great fun to drive, but it really didn't take much to make the front wheels chatter or the traction contontrol to kick in. Particularly in wet weather!

Had it been mapped to up the power and torque the FWD would have struggled even more.

As snapper says - I'd get the car and drive t for a while before spending £300 for more grunt. £300 would likely be better spent on improving brakes and tyres to make the best of the power it has.

Certainly with the Leon when you needed to brake hard (OEM brakes) from speed you'd notice brake fade. The heavier the car the harder those brakes (and tyres) have to work to slow you down in a controlled manner.

[Edited on 17/5/21 by nick205]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.