Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Look at what one of my customers has done!!!
russbost

posted on 9/5/22 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
Look at what one of my customers has done!!!

One of my customers has been very busy reworking a previously registered Furore into a fairly close tribute to the late 90's Ferrari F300, & what a fantastic job he's made of it. Around £6k's worth of wheels & tyres alone, to say nothing of what the paint job is worth. Shortly to be going up for sale, probably at auction. Should you be interested by all means give me a shout & I'll put you in touch with the owner. Currently powered by a ZZR1100 engine & fully UK road legal. If you need to ask the price you probably can't afford it!

[img] F300 Tribute
F300 Tribute
[/img]

[img] F300trib
F300trib
[/img]

[img] DescriptionF300 trib 1
DescriptionF300 trib 1
[/img]

[img] DescriptionF300 trib 2
DescriptionF300 trib 2
[/img]

[img] DescriptionF300 trib 3
DescriptionF300 trib 3
[/img]

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
coyoteboy

posted on 9/5/22 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
Fully road legal with no tyre covers?

russbost

posted on 9/5/22 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
He's still working on the cycle wings, they need to grow a fair bit wider, but actually, yes, fully road legal with no tyre covers - provided it doesn't rain! If it rains you must have the wheels/tyres covered, weird quirk in C & U regs!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Mr Whippy

posted on 9/5/22 at 02:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
He's still working on the cycle wings, they need to grow a fair bit wider, but actually, yes, fully road legal with no tyre covers - provided it doesn't rain! If it rains you must have the wheels/tyres covered, weird quirk in C & U regs!

huh? what in the UK you can drive a car with no fenders so long as it doesn't rain...? never heard of that before.

Car sure looks good, I'd even say that is the best, most realistic F1 example yet. Seems that he's ditched the rear seat or at least it looks like the rear section doesn't provide that option. tbh although I understand why you did a 2 seater I never liked the compromise of the shape of rear bodywork to allow that and much preferred a single seater. The rear tyres are monsters and look realistic.

My only criticism/personal preference is the ride height looks rather high, but saying that it's 99.9% a perfect example and I'd absolutely love to own it Can you imagine parking that a work?! really how could you top it?

I keep toying with the idea of making a single seater for the road, even pinto powered (fast enough for my ability's) using the mechanics of the 7 I have in the garage.

[Edited on 9/5/22 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Slater

posted on 9/5/22 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
That looks great! Imagine seeing that in your rear view mirror.....

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

coyoteboy

posted on 9/5/22 at 03:58 PM Reply With Quote
Really? When I last checked, C&U said you have to have the tyre covered, there was no mention of weather dependency and the MOT checks for it.

63.—(1) Save as provided in paragraph (4), this regulation applies to—

(a)invalid carriages;
(b)heavy motor cars, motor cars and motor cycles, not being agricultural motor vehicles or pedestrian-controlled vehicles;
(c)agricultural motor vehicles driven at more than 20 mph; and
(d)trailers.
(2) Subject to paragraphs (3) and (5), every vehicle to which this regulation applies shall be equipped with wings or other similar fittings to catch, so far as practicable, mud or water thrown up by the rotation of its wheels or tracks.

None of the exemptions include "only used on dry days".

And in an MOT, you'll fail for visible tread from above (laterally).

We've all seen the video of the F1 marshall being killed by being wrapped round a rear wheel.

Glad it's getting them, but it's a shame as it spoils the lines!

[Edited on 9/5/22 by coyoteboy]

russbost

posted on 9/5/22 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
That's always been my understanding. I guess you could interpret that reg to say if there's no mud or water you don't need arches. You see a lot of hot rods without them, I assume they're not constantly getting nicked. Personally I always run with them.

coyoteboy

posted on 10/5/22 at 07:34 AM Reply With Quote
Never seen a UK hot rod without them personally but I don't spend much time in that scene so I could be wrong!

russbost

posted on 12/5/22 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
Apparently I got a couple of things wrong, the likeness is to a Ferrari 310B & the wheels & tyres apparently cost over £9000!!!

Rod Ends

posted on 12/5/22 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
Could use cycle wings with a fake tread pattern on them like the Vanwall GPR

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.