Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New Fuel Tank
Schrodinger

posted on 22/3/23 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
New Fuel Tank

I live in Aviemore Scotland for my sins and I think I am going to need a new petrol tank for my Stylus, can anybody recommend somebody up this way to make one for me?

Keith
Aviemore

pigeondave

posted on 22/3/23 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
I'm down south, but could you ask the local stock car racing scene if there is someone up there?

I had my one welded up by a guy who was well into it. Was also very reasonably priced at the time.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bi22le

posted on 22/3/23 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

I have just had a custom tank made for me for my Striker. A company called CompBrake (https://www.compbrake.com/?s=fuel+tank&post_type=product&v=79cba1185463) had a striker tank listed on ebay so I contacted them to buy one and get some custom brakets welded on.

Overall I am happy with it. I have not checked if it leaks! It cost £315 delivered and that includes the sender unit.

New tank
New tank

I would recommend them from my experience to date. If it leaks or cracks I will update this post!!!

[Edited on 22/3/23 by bi22le]

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

nick205

posted on 23/3/23 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
Un-tank related, but "Bi22le" I just spotted your oil drain/catch thing in the photo. Had one for years and it's brilliant - never a drop spilt and very easy to transport the used oil to the recyling place after as well.

(sorry to sideline the thread )

In fact what stopped me using it was:

1. Selling the MK Indy
2. Buying an oil extractor
3. Selling my tin top (epilepsy stops driving)
4. SWMBOs car goes for garage services (don't get me started on that.....)

[Edited on 23/3/23 by nick205]

J666AYP

posted on 23/3/23 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
+1 for compbrake motorsport. Send them a sketch of what you want and they will have it knocked up and sent to you. Used them for mine and have no complaints.

J

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.