Board logo

Blackpool illuminations run.......?
Westy1994 - 26/10/12 at 05:47 PM

As I have a visitor arriving Monday for a few days visit who I only see 3 or 4 times a year, I thought I would take him through the lights in the Westy, then I thought I wonder if others would be interested? convoy type thing....., depending on where you all are we can arrange a meeting place somewhere close to town and go from there,?. Monday night looks the better of the evenings according to online forecasts.

Just an idea, as I am going anyway.

Rich

welderman - 26/10/12 at 05:54 PM

Would have come but no car. Maybe next year though

Xtreme Kermit - 26/10/12 at 08:22 PM

That sounds a great idea. Wish I was closer...

zilspeed - 26/10/12 at 08:42 PM

The traffic jam for the lights starts at St. Anne's
We were there earlier in the year and left the car at St. Anne's and took the bus and tram in.

You're talking 45-50 mins from Starr Gate to the pleasure beach with the car crawling all the way.

Wouldn't dream of taking a car in.
Would only take a little sports car in if I wanted to kill it to death.

Westy1994 - 26/10/12 at 09:12 PM

It sounds like you need to look at your cooling system if you have worries of that type. I have been in some pretty big queues with the car in the past and have had no problems. Mind you an electric pump and programmable pump/fan speeds help my cause.

zilspeed - 26/10/12 at 09:20 PM

I've just noticed you live in Blackpool.

I think your knowledge of local conditions is probably a bit superior to mine.

As you were

needforspeed - 26/10/12 at 09:27 PM

should defo sort something for next year as for this year i have no lights!

Westy1994 - 26/10/12 at 09:44 PM

I was tempted some months ago to post such a topic, but the problem is our weather, which is why my idea was so short notice( mainly due to the speeds being low and no where to shelter should the rain get really bad - and most of our cars are open...)

I guess we can sort out a date for next year, then perhaps check the forecast the week before and adjust from there.

I am still going on Monday, so if you want to join me post below.