Board logo

Haynes roadster/ origional locost
david duncan - 11/5/10 at 07:39 PM

Can anyone tell me of the main differences between the two cars regarding panels/nose cone etc.

speedyxjs - 11/5/10 at 07:53 PM

Chassis is +244 (i think) so panels are a few inches bigger

handyandy - 11/5/10 at 09:30 PM

Hi David,

as Speedy has said, the Haynes Roadster is slightly bigger all around......
2 inches wider
4 inches longer
than the original Ron Champion chassis,

& of course , The Roadster is Independant Rear Suspension.

said politely, be careful of statements made by suppliers claiming that Locost bodywork will fit the Roadster....
It WON,T, a few builders found this out the hard way.

cheers
andy

neilp1 - 12/5/10 at 01:45 AM

So Andy, out of interest is there any body work that fits from any of the manufactures??

Ben_Copeland - 12/5/10 at 06:08 AM

Saturn, Triton does some I think, GTS does,

Saturn Sports Cars seem to be the most popular on the Haynes Roadster forum

handyandy - 12/5/10 at 07:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by neilp1
So Andy, out of interest is there any body work that fits from any of the manufactures??

Saturn Sports Cars have the original moulds that were created for the Haynes Roadster,
These moulds were made by "Fabby" better known as Triton Race Products ( many of us have his GRP seats too).
Saturn purchased the moulds when Fabby sold up due to health reasons, the bodywork from these moulds is a perfect fit for the Roadster as they were made specifically for this chassis .
Other suppliers claim their products fit but as some builders have found, this is not always the case,

If you want bodywork for a Haynes Roadster chassis build then i would totally recommend Saturn Sports Cars,

cheers
andy

Richard Quinn - 12/5/10 at 01:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by handyandy
If you want bodywork for a Haynes Roadster chassis build then i would totally recommend Saturn Sports Cars,

cheers
andy

Why's that Andy?

handyandy - 12/5/10 at 03:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Quinn
quote:
Originally posted by handyandy

cheers
andy

Why's that Andy?

cos it fits

cheers
andy

The Ssssnake - 14/5/10 at 10:30 PM

Great pitch Andy!!!!