Board logo

Welding gas
novacaine - 2/1/07 at 07:30 PM

who do you all get your welding gas from?

BOC ?
AirProducts?

any other?

anybody know the cost of rental and the cost of refills for a large bottle?

cheers

Matt

big_wasa - 2/1/07 at 07:34 PM

Try and find a locall welding firm as one near me still does the pub style co2 on exchange which is very cheap.

I have a contract with Boc through my locall engineering place where I get all my steel. Cost around £80 to start you of then around £40 a year and £40 a refill. For that I get Argon shield ....

oliwb - 2/1/07 at 07:40 PM

I'm with airproducts and can't praise them enough. Tried BOC for about 3 weeks but they didn't want to know/care! Phoned airproducts and they delivered (yes delivered) my new integra cylinder to me the same day....brilliant service, cheap refills (£12) and the regulator is included so you don't have to worry about buying one or breaking it particularly! I'd recomend them to anyone. Oli.

PS
Costs are similar to BOC - slightly more I think but the integra bottle is a full size BOC bottle in a half sized bottle so worth the extra in my mind - essentially you get a third free over BOC when I worked it out! Oli.

thunderace - 2/1/07 at 11:54 PM

I GET MINE FROM MY LOCAL PUB FOR FREE

offroad biker - 3/1/07 at 01:56 AM

air products beats boc by miles in my opinion there delivery drivers are alot more accomodating if you get my drift
had a boc inspection just before christmass caused mass panic as the non account ones had to dissapear into a container pretty sharpish

NS Dev - 3/1/07 at 08:51 AM

local welding place do my straight CO2 for the MIG at £12 a bottle for pub bottles. Fine for most welding jobs on mild steel.

Air products do my straight Argon for the TIG, cheaper than BOC and no silly charges for collection etc.

dnmalc - 5/1/07 at 05:06 PM

Calor do pub bottle sized co2 for £15

ELO - 8/1/07 at 10:20 PM

Anyone got the contact details for Airproducts? Am looking to get some CO2 for MIG welding.
Cheers,
ed

natehall - 12/1/07 at 07:12 AM

can i get the contact details for ap as well please

thanks

nate

ELO - 12/1/07 at 09:20 AM

Natehall,

I asked this question again here...

Just be careful what you ask for!

ed

Peteff - 12/1/07 at 10:32 AM

Check out Energas if there's a depot near you as well. I've used them for 6 years now and found them good on prices with no extras.
http://www.engweld.co.uk/home.php
http://www.energas.co.uk/gases-industrial.asp