Board logo

Women!
leemarkadams - 14/8/09 at 04:03 PM

Well, as you may know my car is currently what is known as 'not working'.....anyway the wife was not too happy I got the car and now is in gloat mode about the fact it is not working at the moment.

Anyway, I mentioned that if this was the TVR Tuscan she suggested then it may well now be fixed but there would no doubt be a HUGE bill.............to which she replies 'at least it would be working!'.

Women eh................

Lee

omega0684 - 14/8/09 at 04:08 PM

just take the exhaust manifold off and ask her to inspect the back of the valves, whilst shes having a look start the car and rev the nuts off it!

marcjagman - 14/8/09 at 04:12 PM

Next time she wants footwear, buy her the cheapest, crappiest pair you can find, then when she complains about them not being designer you can reply "at least they're shoes"

leemarkadams - 14/8/09 at 04:24 PM

You obviulsy don't know my wife, she has hundreds of pairs of shoes! Including Jimmy Choos.............which look the same as any other bloody high heel to me!

omega0684 - 14/8/09 at 04:48 PM

just buy her some foliage

CRAIGR - 14/8/09 at 04:50 PM

Spend a sh*t load on it to get it 'working' again then , and then quote her on what she said.

jollygreengiant - 14/8/09 at 04:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by leemarkadams
You obviulsy don't know my wife, she has hundreds of pairs of shoes! Including Jimmy Choos.............which look the same as any other bloody high heel to me!

Select a pair of shoes, Cut the high heels off.

when she complains.........

" Well at least they still work as shoes."

gregs - 14/8/09 at 04:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by leemarkadams

start flogging them on ebay then.... one pair at a time, dustiest first....

belgian2b - 14/8/09 at 04:59 PM

Hello,

better is to say nothing.

Give her some money to go for some shopping and take benefit of that time to try to solve car problems.

Of course , it will cost money.
most of it will be spend in the shopping

Gerardo

easisatman - 14/8/09 at 05:03 PM

well its a good job you have'nt got the TVR Tuscan those jimmy choos would wreck your roof lining!!!!
Paul

[Edited on 14/8/09 by easisatman]

StevieB - 14/8/09 at 05:53 PM

Just explain the facts about TVR's:

It would have been fixed at great expense, but would have broken down at least 2 more times since...

Thinking about it - 14/8/09 at 05:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by StevieB
Just explain the facts about TVR's:

It would have been fixed at great expense, but would have broken down at least 2 more times since...

Beat me to it

stevec - 14/8/09 at 06:59 PM

Just smile and agree or you may get your other hobby cancelled.

Steve

lotusmadandy - 14/8/09 at 08:11 PM

I have no problems on that score,
my wife wont let me have a second hobby

Andy

Danozeman - 14/8/09 at 08:59 PM

quote:

just take the exhaust manifold off and ask her to inspect the back of the valves, whilst shes having a look start the car and rev the nuts off it!

Or do something else to her while she's bending over

mangogrooveworkshop - 14/8/09 at 09:20 PM

My wife complains if we go out without the seven!!!! even in the rain

Dangle_kt - 14/8/09 at 09:49 PM

you can't win, just grin and bear it.

If it all gets too annoying I remind my wife that its well known that men either have a hobby or an affair....

then I duck.

Fozzie - 14/8/09 at 11:55 PM

Doh! you Men !!!!!! always moaning!

Fozzie

mangogrooveworkshop - 15/8/09 at 09:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Fozzie
Doh! you Men !!!!!! always moaning!

Fozzie

never

sucksqueezebangblow - 17/8/09 at 09:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by leemarkadams The wife was not too happy I got the car and now is in gloat mode about the fact it is not working at the moment.

The following is the appropriate response; "I wear the trousers 'round here so stop your whining and get back in the kitchen or I'll kick you out to your mothers and move the mistress in"