Board logo

Help what is this car/Trike ???
INDY BIRD - 4/3/15 at 10:45 AM

Hi All had a enquiry about this car/Trike

Can anybody tell me what it is? I am sure I have seen it before but cannot place it

Any ideas,

Thanks
sean

triker f1
triker f1

hkp57 - 4/3/15 at 10:54 AM

This may Help

http://www.3wheelers.com/sportcy.html

designer - 4/3/15 at 11:10 AM

Jim Musser's Sportcycle from USA.

Bloke tried to bring it over here years ago, but it all came to nothing.

INDY BIRD - 4/3/15 at 11:34 AM

any ideas on values of these?

Thanks

wylliezx9r - 4/3/15 at 11:47 AM

Sorry to digress but I find it really funny....... the donor bike still has the seat attached

Matt21 - 4/3/15 at 12:17 PM

quote:

Sorry to digress but I find it really funny....... the donor bike still has the seat attached

How else do you expect to take the wife out if there wasn't a seat still on it?

benchmark51 - 4/3/15 at 12:33 PM

Doesn't the driver operate it from the bike seat and the missus barks orders from the cockpit?

wylliezx9r - 4/3/15 at 12:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matt21
quote:

How else do you expect to take the wife out if there wasn't a seat still on it?

Hopefully she wont mind the spoiler digging in her back

russbost - 4/3/15 at 02:12 PM

Does anyone on here happen to know of one of these on the road either here or in the States? I've recently been told there were only 3 made & 2 have been written off - the one pictured here being, supposedly, the last one left???

This doesn't sound all that likely, I thought there were quite a few sold stateside & I recall someone trying to bring it over here - it was in one of the kitcar mags somewhere around late '90's early 2000's IIRC

Anyone throw any more light on that?

INDY BIRD - 4/3/15 at 02:23 PM

you are correct russ,

This is possibly the last one and will be poss for sale soon?

hence reason to get a price if possible?

russbost - 4/3/15 at 02:31 PM

I'm guessing I've been approached by the same people, but I still find it unlikely that there is only one left ....................., one left in the UK I would believe, but surely more in the States?

fazerruss - 4/3/15 at 02:55 PM

I saw one of those outside the Manchester bike show last year. I think it was red and white but there was no seat on the doner bike.

[Edited on 4/3/15 by fazerruss]

Nickp - 5/3/15 at 06:53 AM

Pretty sure a mate of a mate bought the right / plans for this years ago and also had the demo 'car' with a ZX9R stuck up its chuff. He planned to market them but I don't think it ever got off the ground. Apparently the demo was a proper handful and he managed to mount a kerb and wipe out a shop sign just pulling out of a junction

[Edited on 5/3/15 by Nickp]

James - 5/3/15 at 03:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by INDY BIRD
you are correct russ,

This is possibly the last one and will be poss for sale soon?

hence reason to get a price if possible?

Hold on, you're selling your Indy to buy.... that?!!

designer - 5/3/15 at 03:51 PM

A mate of mine tried to buy this project 3-4 years ago. Think he still wants to!!

Anybody have any info contact me.

Nickp - 5/3/15 at 06:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by designer
A mate of mine tried to buy this project 3-4 years ago. Think he still wants to!!

Anybody have any info contact me.

The whole kit and kaboodle was sold on ebay 2-3yrs ago by my mates mate, not sure if he'd still know who it went to TBH.