Board logo

Hand operated clutch (aka paddle clutch?)
geeksandlies - 16/8/10 at 01:19 PM

Anyone know if this will squeeze through an IVA? I have tralled through the manual but there is so much to read i fear i may throw myself off the nearest bridge long before i find it!

dan__wright - 16/8/10 at 01:22 PM

i dont see why not, the fact that cars are modified in this was for disability it should be fine

one problem i did have with my paddle shift, even though it was in the exclusion area it needed a 3.2 radius at sva, not sure why, probably because your grabbing at it.

matt_gsxr - 16/8/10 at 03:11 PM

If you are passing the IVA place that you intend to go to then you could pop in and ask them.

Most are really friendly (after the initial few seconds), well the guys at Leighton Buzzard were.

It might save you worrying.

Matt

Bluemoon - 16/8/10 at 03:25 PM

Or ring VOSA, they are actually helpful on the phone (unlike the DVLA....) and have technical people that know what they are doing, and the "rules"..

NigeEss - 16/8/10 at 06:22 PM

Raptor700 has recently passed IVA and is using hand controls linky and an auto clutch of some sort.
May be worth contacting him for some advice.

eznfrank - 16/8/10 at 07:34 PM

As above drop Nick aka Raptor700 a line. He has hand controls on his Indy but sent it through IVA without them and then added after.

oadamo - 16/8/10 at 08:40 PM

cant a the paddle shift be made to push the clutch at the same time.
adam

geeksandlies - 16/8/10 at 09:09 PM

Excellent thanks for the helps guys