Board logo

IVA Pass !!! :)
Tris - 8/6/11 at 12:52 PM

Hi all,

Just to report a successful morning at the VOSA Test center in Nottingham with my Spire GTR. Emissions were the main issue, but i was able to do a little 'power commander tuning' on the spot to get the ZX12 down within range. 94db noise too, which was a major suprise.

Just getting insurance set up now and then off to the local DVLA office. Whats peoples experiences of time frames from now to getting it on the road ?

Also, can you buy stick on numberplate's for the front (vinyl) ?

Cheers
Tris

aka_shortie - 8/6/11 at 01:06 PM

congratulations

[Edited on 8/6/11 by aka_shortie]

mrwibble - 8/6/11 at 01:18 PM

well done, thats a real head turner!

Guinness - 8/6/11 at 01:26 PM

Nice one!

DVLA Gosforth allocated me a registration number within a few days, tax disc and V5 followed by the end of the following week.

You can buy stick on plates from ebay etc.

But I get mine from http://www.alidrewnumberplates.co.uk/index.htm

mookaloid - 8/6/11 at 01:28 PM

Nice one

Can't wait to spot that on the road

lewis - 8/6/11 at 01:33 PM

Well done mate! I have just ordered a stick on Plate from eBay seller had sold a few hundred so should be ok quality cost £6.45 Inc postage.

couch22k - 8/6/11 at 01:33 PM

I was on the road about 3 hours after passing . Already had insurance and called at the DVLA in Sheffield on the way back from Nottingham.

Managed to get them to look at it straight away and got my Reg and Tax there and then.

Lucky I think though.

Steve

austin man - 8/6/11 at 01:58 PM

congratulation welcome to the roadgoing madhouse

adithorp - 8/6/11 at 02:05 PM

Nice one!

Reg took 5 days from passing test for me at Manchester but DVLA inspection was done between SVA and re-test and they already had the application on hold, pending a MAC cert'. Some have walked out the same day with a reg' and others have taken months.

keithjardine - 8/6/11 at 02:29 PM

well done,

Spotted your car parked up this morning in watnall when i was leaving for work.

Liked the colour scheme ALOT

HowardB - 8/6/11 at 02:56 PM

really looking forward to seeing and hearing this!! Let me know if it's ever near Leicester,...

Andy B - 8/6/11 at 05:30 PM

Well done Tris
looks like all the hard graft paid off, look forward to seeing it in the flesh now its finished
best regards
Andy

Tris - 8/6/11 at 07:50 PM

Thanks all for the replies.

Popped into Northampton DVLA this afternoon and everything seamed to go smoothly. No secondary DLVA inspection (as per what I understand is common practice now days), and £180 worse off. The actual registration is apparently a 'back office' function, so I am now in a wait until everything drops back in the post. Figure some point next week, but can secretly hope for Saturday morning

Starting to panic now as got nothing to build. Anyone fancy a swap for a nice half built ultima ??

[Edited on 8/6/11 by Tris]

HowardB - 8/6/11 at 08:36 PM

will it be at Newark? only so I can drool you understand, I don't have a half built Ultima, only half baked ideas,...