Board logo

Fury corner weighted and set up *** Now with Pics! AND Diffuser started
welderman - 12/5/09 at 03:34 PM

Been over to Steves today and we set up the car for road useage.

Corner weighted it up too, from memory was a 57/43 split so not far off 60/40 there.
Got it down to 0.3 out on the diagonals after a bit of playing about.

Steve will hopefully put in his input as im not that clued up really,

Best bit was car weighed 460kg with approx 10 kg of fuel.

Steve, car is still going on this tank of fuel too, i dont want to go fill it up, thats 230miles so far.

ps Steve, chhhheeeerrrreeeerrrreeeees mate, your a star and thanks for dinner too.

Tapanyaki at mine next time you up here.

Joe

[Edited on 15/5/09 by welderman]

[Edited on 18/5/09 by welderman]

loggyboy - 12/5/09 at 04:18 PM

you were aiming for 60/40?

adithorp - 12/5/09 at 04:24 PM

Can you feel the difference? It made a big improvment to mine when I did it. Have you still got the same front shocks and springs on? Do those weights include you?

I've got 46% to 54% front to rear split and 49% to 51% left to right split (that'll improve once I loose the 8kg of fat I'm carrying). Corner to corner, after a lot of playing, I called it quits at 50.4% - 49.6%.

adrian

welderman - 12/5/09 at 04:24 PM

ye but so close thought it best not to mess with it. plus not enough time really too.
Had to get my mum to pick kids up from school and i missed out on my daughters hatrick at school football., girl of the match.

Dangle_kt - 12/5/09 at 05:18 PM

nice one Joe, sounds like a good job done.

Well done to your little girl, she can keep you in the lap of luxury as a pro footballer in your dotage

pewe - 12/5/09 at 05:22 PM

230 miles on a tank?
- something's wrong there
- either you've put too big a tank in it or your right foot ain't heavy enough.
Cheers, Pewe

scudderfish - 12/5/09 at 05:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by pewe
230 miles on a tank?
Cheers, Pewe

I'd be happy to see half of that!

welderman - 12/5/09 at 05:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by pewe
230 miles on a tank?
Cheers, Pewe

ha ah, ive a heavy right foot, but its a BIG tank that i made to fit the fury's rear end shape, put it this way its at least 46 ltr, but i will find out for sure when i run out of fuel, carring a 5 ltr plastic bottle as a passenger.

welderman - 12/5/09 at 05:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
Can you feel the difference? It made a big improvment to mine when I did it. Have you still got the same front shocks and springs on? Do those weights include you?

I've got 46% to 54% front to rear split and 49% to 51% left to right split (that'll improve once I loose the 8kg of fat I'm carrying). Corner to corner, after a lot of playing, I called it quits at 50.4% - 49.6%.

adrian

what springs etc have you on yours Adrian ?.

Yes seems to handle alot better, ive not been down my fave stretch of road today, but the other night, i was very unsure of its handling, hense the help of Steve.
Im not so sure on the dunlops im running either but, the set up might have sorted that out

welderman - 12/5/09 at 05:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dangle_kt
nice one Joe, sounds like a good job done.

Well done to your little girl, she can keep you in the lap of luxury as a pro footballer in your dotage

she is good at everthing she does, dancing, swimming, football, netball. |Cost us a blooming fortune, but ye if she does make it big one day, ill be there to count the money

adithorp - 12/5/09 at 07:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by welderman
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp

adrian

what springs etc have you on yours Adrian ?.

Yes seems to handle alot better, ive not been down my fave stretch of road today, but the other night, i was very unsure of its handling, hense the help of Steve.
Im not so sure on the dunlops im running either but, the set up might have sorted that out

The springs are 210lbs front and 190lbs rear. I can't remember the shock length. I'll look tommorrow. Can't decide if the fronts are too hard.

adrian

welderman - 12/5/09 at 10:09 PM

ive 180 front and 130 rear

welderman - 13/5/09 at 07:23 AM

after a late night of driving aroung, i can defffo say car handles a hell of alot better now than it did, well done Steve, ive have a little alteration to do on the rear of the car now, ie small difuser and maybe full floor!.
Oh and still going after 265 miles on a tank Rescued attachment Image192.jpg
Rescued attachment Image192.jpg

Steve Hignett - 13/5/09 at 09:43 PM

It was a pleasure mate!

It was nice to do as I learnt something new also

Glad it's transformed the car, and with a couple more tweaks over time I'm sure we'll get it absolutely perfect - There's a diff setting for the front I want to give a go!

welderman - 15/5/09 at 08:12 PM

Joe Suspension Setup
Joe Suspension Setup

welderman - 15/5/09 at 09:26 PM

Could not resist taking the picture of Rowdy, he was, erm sunbathing, also you caught me chatting to the lady in the BEC , good day, good weather, great company.

Diffuser and fully flat floor is now under way. pictures will follow.

Steve Hignett - 15/5/09 at 09:27 PM

More pics, more pics, more pics!!!

welderman - 18/5/09 at 09:29 PM

pictures of the full floor and diffuser that i intend to fit.
Sump cut out

welderman - 18/5/09 at 09:31 PM

tunnel tray with fins, ducts and holes to miss the rivits

welderman - 18/5/09 at 09:32 PM

rear diffuser, tacked up ready for welding Rescued attachment picture.jpg
Rescued attachment picture.jpg

Steve Hignett - 19/5/09 at 08:29 AM

mistergrumpy - 19/5/09 at 02:34 PM

Nice work Joe.I like the look of that diffuser. Would love to see it fitted.

welderman - 19/5/09 at 03:11 PM

will post one up in 10

welderman - 19/5/09 at 03:18 PM

not quite finnished Rescued attachment picturerear.jpg
Rescued attachment picturerear.jpg

welderman - 19/5/09 at 03:24 PM

another Rescued attachment picturenearly..jpg
Rescued attachment picturenearly..jpg

welderman - 19/5/09 at 03:25 PM

i like this one showing the nacca ducts Rescued attachment picturenearly.jpg
Rescued attachment picturenearly.jpg

mistergrumpy - 19/5/09 at 03:37 PM

I like it a lot mate but will those ducts cause problems? You'll have fast moving air channelled firmly into them so you may get buffetting maybe?

[Edited on 19/5/09 by mistergrumpy]

welderman - 19/5/09 at 10:15 PM

not sure about that mate, just did not want the diff overheating, im also not sure on the size of the diffuser, ie stucking out the back and it looks CHAVISH too

welderman - 21/5/09 at 07:14 AM

fitted but needs paint Rescued attachment picturefiiin.jpg
Rescued attachment picturefiiin.jpg

welderman - 21/5/09 at 07:15 AM

fitted but needs paint

Steve Hignett - 21/5/09 at 08:54 AM

Looks good mate, very good.

If the ducts do cause any undue turbulance, then it's easy to block them off partially, and it's better that way round than an overheating diff locking up at speed...

mistergrumpy - 21/5/09 at 02:56 PM

Right enough, as Steve says. I agree as well, it does look good. I don't think it looks chavvy at all.

adithorp - 21/5/09 at 08:02 PM

Well I hate it ...'cos it makes mine look shit!

Looks good...and strangly familiar.

adrian

welderman - 22/5/09 at 08:26 AM

So far so good, gave the car a run out last night, im no racing driver but the car does feel good now, complete with set up from ast week and now the diffuser, it does go well.
Still need to comparer it to another car/cars really as normal cars cant give me a run for my money!.
One concern is that im either pushing too hard as im getting the front washing out in some corners, but itmight be me ng too fast in to the corners.

Adrian, yours looks good mate, even though ive only seen it in a picture, were going to have to have a ride out somewhere soon.

Joe

[Edited on 22/5/09 by welderman]

adithorp - 22/5/09 at 10:27 AM

Deffo need to get the "twins" out together. Mines in bits, making a new air-box and tornou cover at the moment ready for it's trip to France next weekend.

I get a bit of high speed understeer. Instructor on a track day got me "trail braking" into the corners and thats a lot better.

adrian

welderman - 22/5/09 at 12:33 PM

I was wondering wether to change the tyers to 888's, but these dunlops are supposed to be pretty good.

France, hope all goes well mate.

We need to get out soon

Joe

aerosam - 23/5/09 at 10:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by welderman
im also not sure on the size of the diffuser, ie stucking out the back and it looks CHAVISH too

Joe, it's not chav-ish if it's REAL. Chavs just cover their cars in plastic that make it look sh1t and offer no real benefits.