Board logo

gearstick how close can it be
welshboy - 31/3/08 at 06:58 PM

hi all for the sva how close to the steering wheel can the gearstick be iv got a crossflow 4 speed box with a home made extention but when im in 3rd the gearstick is very close to the steering wheel

[Edited on 31/3/08 by welshboy]

mad4x4 - 31/3/08 at 07:57 PM

I would be more worried about whacking my hand off of it when driving, Have you thought about bending it or shortening it

rusty nuts - 31/3/08 at 08:27 PM

Don't know if its still on there but there was a remote for a four speed Ford box on ebay yesterday, might be worth a look?

Michael - 31/3/08 at 08:32 PM

I had trouble with mine, when in third i rubbed my knee on it.

Im not sure if it still the same (if memory serves me correct) its not a problem now i have moved the clutch pedal back.

hissingsid - 2/4/08 at 07:30 PM

Welshboy have you got any pics of your gear extension?
We're coming up to mounting the gearbox and need to sort out the gear stick location.

t.j. - 2/4/08 at 09:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Michael
I had trouble with mine, when in third i rubbed my knee on it.

Im not sure if it still the same (if memory serves me correct) its not a problem now i have moved the clutch pedal back.

That's why have the steering wheel on the left.....

welshboy - 2/4/08 at 09:52 PM

thanks for the reply all i will post some pic at the weekend i will take the camera up the workshop this weekend i forgot it last week theres quite a lot of play in the gear stick on the crossflow box so im going to have a look to see if i can shim it up it would move 3rd gear over an inch