Board logo

First proper run out TR1KE
The Venom Project - 29/4/12 at 10:00 AM

After a problem with a leaking fuel perished line to the Carb, I machined a new 8mm to 6mm adaptor in brass to connect a new supple fuel line and finally was able to test my TR1KE after a month of stress with a knackered R1 engine. My newer engine has only covered 15,000 miles and runs and starts sweet as a nut, I finally have the confidence back I had in all my bikes past and present. I was only out for an hour, and setting off shifting through gears brought a huge smile to my face, its funny spinning the rear wheel up in 4th gear

Took my wife out for a quick blast, before I had reached the top of my road she shouted "I love it"

Just waiting on great weather so I can really go and show off, and hoping Wednesday brings a nice evening for a trip to Sherburn.

On with making a camping rack for the Newark show as I have my nephew coming with me, and well with no storage at all, I will have to make something work with my bike rack and a selection of fabric back packs until I can afford the Coocase panniers I need.

All in all, I love it, I think I prefer it to my bike

It's amazing how very low it is compared alongside cars, I can just about see a driver when sat side by side

So glad I spent my money at RTR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0xT_6NjmXc&list=HL1335696886&feature=mh_lolz

[Edited on 29/4/12 by The Venom Project]

coozer - 29/4/12 at 10:52 AM

No pics?

maccmike - 29/4/12 at 11:09 AM

looking really good mate. lets have some onboard video and give it a bit

maccmike - 29/4/12 at 11:09 AM

looking really good mate. lets have some onboard video and give it a bit

The Venom Project - 29/4/12 at 11:17 AM

Yeah, I have a waterproof HD Camcorder setup on the rollbar now, not sure how it will cope, I need a much more substantial mount for it, and ideally a separate mic mounting closer to the exhaust out of the wind flow. The next nice evening I get I will get some footage :-)

coozer - 29/4/12 at 11:40 AM

Nice!

RichardK - 29/4/12 at 02:17 PM

Very nice mate, glad things have turned out good in the end.

Cheers

Rich

PAUL FISHER - 29/4/12 at 02:18 PM

Looks superb, what do they weigh.

The Venom Project - 29/4/12 at 04:23 PM

Cheers. The weight is something like 325kg. So maybe 415kg with me in. Maybe more lol

Yeah I had a better result this time than my MNR :-(

withersdelivers - 29/4/12 at 04:32 PM

looks really good fella, not sure what is bigger .... The tR1ke, or the grin on your face lol . Fair play to you!