Board logo

Mid engined Cinquecento Alfa V6 project
rav - 1/8/10 at 01:42 PM

Hi Folks,
I've been working on this car for several years now, having built a couple of bec's previously.

It badly needs finishing and using but I don't have any time and not sure when I realistically will have so... wimper... I might have to sell it...

I'm a mechanical engineer and I built it with a lot of thought and tlc, so its not a random cut 'n shut bodge job.

You be buying a one off machine with all the hard work done:

-custom cage in T45 steel, all tig welded with widened suspension all round with care for roll centres, spring rates etc.
-ALfa V6 12v engine & box installed, with woiring figured out so its ready to connect up and run!
-Stainless tug welded axhuast system running "back to front" - exits from front bumber, with 3 x stainless silncer boxes built in. All mounted and done.
-Twin radiators up front with all stainless pipework fabricated.
-Mr2 cable gearshift mounted in fabricated aluminium box, mounted to shell. Other end has fabricated bellcranks made, so 90% of gearshift finished.
-Fabricated twin bias pedal box with hydraulic clutch cylinder, mounted to shell
-fabricated hydraulic fly off handbrake
-Corbeau Revolution seat (needs subframe)
-ATL foam filled race fual cell, mounted under bonnet
-Enkei 16" wheels on rear with good tyres
-MR2 mk3 15" wheels on front with brand new tyres
-widened bodywork - wheel arches cut out with new steel arches welded in. Widened bumpers. Requires some finishing.
-Support from me with anything you need to know until its finished!

Hundreds of hours of work have been put in, it needs bodywork completing & painting, then assmbly with a few minor bits of fabrication left to complete, but almost everything done and ready to bolt back together! Then some wiring, plumbing in brakes, clutch and fuel, and thats pretty much it!

pics here:
http://s1047.photobucket.com/albums/b480/mravilious/Project%20Cinq/

happy to answer any questions, car is stored in lock up in Edinburgh.

Offers in eccess of a several thousand pounds please, and no time wasters - if I had lots of spare time I wouldn't be selling it! ;-)

[Edited on 1/8/10 by rav]

rav - 5/8/10 at 10:44 PM

Car is also advertised on ebay
Extra photos linked on locost builders as well as photobucket link.

Some inspiration:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQovoXyycGc&feature=related

rav - 11/8/10 at 08:12 AM

no interest at all???

Whats the problem, have locosters these days turned into people SCARED OF A CHALLENGE? ;-)

cd.thomson - 11/8/10 at 08:46 AM

you'll need to stick a price on it before anyone will rear their heads.

scootz - 11/8/10 at 08:50 AM

^^^^^
What he said... !!!

interestedparty - 11/8/10 at 09:27 AM

I expect the occupants are gong to have to be quite petite, seeing as the base car is not big, and the area where a full size person would want to move the seat back to being taken up with an engine.

rav - 11/8/10 at 11:06 PM

I built it for me and I'm 6'2", so no problems there.
Price wise, I'm open to offers over £3000.
If not I'll keep and finish mysefl...one day in the distant future when I have time...

rav - 27/8/10 at 06:13 AM

Need cash- buying a house - make me an offer!!

T66 - 27/8/10 at 08:53 PM

I cannot believe nobody is buying this...!!

Im committed Rav to a Fiat 126 hybrid , If I wasnt I would be looking to put this lot in my garage.

Good luck with the sale.

rav - 3/9/10 at 10:01 AM

Thanks dude!
At least thats one reply even if its not an offer!!

phil clegg - 5/9/10 at 05:08 PM

my e bay offer is still valid,phil 01254382963

mangogrooveworkshop - 5/1/11 at 09:02 PM

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=148354