Board logo

Stone guards - STM/Aries
Richard Quinn - 4/5/09 at 07:44 PM

I am after some stone guards for my Locoblade but having had a frantic couple of weeks leading up to SVA I want something that will just go straight on with minimal fettling. The rear arches are quite narrow at the bottom of the front (~20cm) and most of the ones available off-the-shelf are about 24cm. I have trial fitted some carbon-look abs ones and they looked crap and carbon-look vinyl didn't look right either. The bottom outside corner has a bit of a compound curve to it which makes it a little awkward to get either abs or vinyl to sit right.
Anyone got any other suggestions please?

slimtater - 4/5/09 at 07:54 PM

See my post from Saturday and photo archive - fitted some pukka self adhesive carbon fibre today. Two 50x25cm sheets for £35 and dead simple to trim and shape.

Bladerunner - 4/5/09 at 07:56 PM

I have a S.T.M Locblade and I bought from the Robin Hood Company a set of there aluminium guards. Being alloy they bend to the shape of the rear arches and I pop riveted them in place. I don't know if they are still available as they have changed hands but give them a ring, they were only £10 for the pair.

slimtater - 4/5/09 at 08:02 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^
And see my other post about the quality of these!

Richard Quinn - 4/5/09 at 08:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by slimtater
See my post from Saturday and photo archive - fitted some pukka self adhesive carbon fibre today. Two 50x25cm sheets for £35 and dead simple to trim and shape.
Where from please?

slimtater - 5/5/09 at 06:41 AM

Hamilton Classic (www.hamiltonclassic.co.uk). I got two sheets of adhesive (3M) 50cmx25cmx1mm for £35. Rally Design also do it - don't think it is listed on their web site but it is number CE124 - £14.80 + VAT.

Vindi_andy - 6/5/09 at 08:49 AM

Can you use the clear stonegaurd film from CBS

Self adhesive and can be cut with scissors and because it clear isnt noticeable