Board logo

Trumpets for GSXR TB's?
coozer - 23/2/10 at 09:58 AM

Whats the general set up peeps are using on gsxr body's?

Any cheap way to fit trumpets, or, are they actually needed.

As it goes the trumpets from the fireblade set I have slip straight into the gsxr ones but really reduce the diameter, throttling it down much the same way as chokes do in webers!

Locost, locost , low cost!

Steve.

jonesier1 - 23/2/10 at 10:35 AM

i used rover v8 ones and secured with a rivet.got them off the bay and sold the other spare 4 on.you do need them to get the best from your t/b's max torque etc.

Jenko - 23/2/10 at 01:58 PM

They most certainly are needed....without them the air flow into the TB's can become uneven and turbulant from the sharp corners of the TB's.....

The trumpets are quite often left in the airbox, so keep an eye out for some cheap air boxes (with rubbers)......On some of the models, they are unequal length....

will121 - 23/2/10 at 06:35 PM

for air flow some sort of trumpets required, possibly the easiest route is using the orignal ones from the airbox, gsxr airboxes go for anything around £20+ but as said above a lot use a pair of short and a pair of long, which origionaly designed to improve spread of power, im using orignal short and long with no problems only real reason to have them all same length would be if had issues with space

coozer - 23/2/10 at 06:54 PM

Just trailed through ebay and theres no cheap ones.. plus not sure what box off what bike etc.

I beleive my tb's are srad ones, early individual type so 2000/2001 model?

Ta,
Steve

big_wasa - 23/2/10 at 07:51 PM

Yep there srad so thats 98 to 2000 ish and the rover ones where a good fit.

fatbaldbloke - 23/2/10 at 07:52 PM

I modified the trumpets from the Webers that were fitted previously.

coozer - 23/2/10 at 08:22 PM

Cheers, are the 600 srad airbox the same size?

will121 - 23/2/10 at 11:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by coozer
Cheers, are the 600 srad airbox the same size?

i think the SRAD was carbs not throttle bodies and wont fit, what size are your throttle bodies/picture?
are they same as mine and Jenco's ones look like GSXR600 K1-K3

paulf - 24/2/10 at 10:14 PM

I made mine from some thick wall 50mm alloy scaffold tube for the body and then cut some disks from 10mm sheet and shrunk on the end before machining all over to shape.I bored the tube to slip over the Tbs and then bored to match bore of body's at that end with a taper of about 5 deg to the end face giving a smooth bore right through.
I dont have a pic at present but quite simple really.
Paul

dlatch - 24/2/10 at 11:55 PM

GSXR 1000 trumpets here and they are all same length

coozer - 25/2/10 at 09:01 PM

Thanks chaps, I bought a srad airbox off the bay and the rubbers fit perfect.