Board logo

Help - need present suggestions
MikeR - 1/12/10 at 07:32 PM

Ok locost massive I need present help.

G/f wants more present ideas from me. I thought i'd been pretty good recently dropping obvious hints. I'm now stuck so can people make suggestions for presents under / around a tenner,

I've got ....
Stirling Moss the authorised biography,
Metal Fabricators Handbook - by Ron Fournier

and now i'm stuck. I think asking for a set of driveshafts is a bit much .......... and in theory i've got everything i want for the toy car to finish it (apart from odds and ends + paint).

I'd really like a metal bending brake - but it would have to do 1.6mm steel and they're really NOT cheap so i'm thinking of making my own.

UncleFista - 1/12/10 at 07:47 PM

£16 too much ?

Zippo handwarmer.

I love mine, keeps warm for over 24 hours if you fill it properly

[Edited on 1/12/10 by UncleFista]

Paul TigerB6 - 1/12/10 at 08:10 PM

If my g/f only spent a tenner on me for xmas then i'd want a new g/f for xmas!!

andrew - 1/12/10 at 08:29 PM

my other half came home the other day with £45 worth of frilies and said you can buy me them for xmas ,, i just gave her my wallet ,,,,, as for your present couple of gallons of petrol would do just fine,,,

jossey - 1/12/10 at 08:32 PM

how about some stuff from here.

they have a 50% off sale.

i got a night vision wireless camera and receiver for £56 and its 2.4 ghz

anyway its good

maybe something on there lol

ntdwm

dave

Confused but excited. - 1/12/10 at 08:38 PM

jossey, you tease!

From where?

MikeR - 1/12/10 at 09:34 PM

I wanted present suggestions so the g/f could get me more than one - although if she only wants to spend a tenner, i'm not bothered.

Petrol - got 2 gallons in the engine shed .........

Hand warmer - got one in the kitchen cupboard ..........

Wireless night vision camera and reciever ................ no, not got one, it would be cool, but its a bit too expensive for a whim & no link.

T66 - 1/12/10 at 09:36 PM

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/9781844254132/Colin-Chapman

This is on my list

Fozzie - 1/12/10 at 10:30 PM

Nowt to do with cars, but 'im indoors had a slinky on his list......
a slinky being one of those coil spring things that 'slinks/walks' down the stairs....

Bless 'im .....
I think they are about 3.99 ..if you can find one ... I managed to get the last one from W.H. Smiths...

Again nowt to do with cars...but Tesco have a boxed set of 4 bottles of 'Great British Ales' (includes
a bottle of luvverly Spitfire ) for £5.

Sorry, a bit stumped for pressies under a tenner for the car ... Beanie hat, gloves (fingerless) and scarf
or thermal socks for when you work on the car in this weather...... or a Thermal cup for your tea/coffee
whilst in the garage ........ hmmmm a bit uninspiring ...sorry

Fozzie

MikeR - 1/12/10 at 10:38 PM

How about stuff 'around' a tenner ......... so up to 20 quid then ......

I did suggest an 20' by 8' shed. She's all for it, but in return i've got to buy Tiffany jewelry

Fozzie - 2/12/10 at 12:18 AM

gift clicky linky-dink

Macbeast - 2/12/10 at 07:44 AM

Nice one Fozz

MikeR - 2/12/10 at 08:02 AM

fozzie, as usual, your fantastic. Thank you. :-)

Fozzie - 2/12/10 at 08:30 AM

You are very welcome! ....
I hope you/she finds something there that is useful/suitable ...
Fozz

Fozzie - 2/12/10 at 09:07 AM

Mike, I hope you don't mind a 'side-step' here.....
but for all of you historic and vintage fans of 2 and 4 wheels, who may want something
to put on the garage/den/office wall, or indeed just historic/vintage car/bike related
there is always this one....(I have used them a lot in the past.....when 'desperate'.... )

more gifts clicky linky

I hope this will help some of you to write your crimbo lists for 'the big man' (aka Father Christmas)

Fozzie

[Edited on 2-12-10 by Fozzie]