Board logo

Anybody tried these?
designer - 13/4/11 at 10:05 AM

Has anybody on here see, tried, or have a pair of these:

http://www.wileyx.eu/

Would seem ideal for a car with no screen.

eagle - 13/4/11 at 10:14 AM

I have used the sg1's for years
I would highly recommend them very handy to
Have the clear lenses for night time

Mr Whippy - 13/4/11 at 10:20 AM

Considering some of the stones that have battered of my windscreen, I'd recommend you do not just rely on a pair of sunglasses for protection. If you are running around with no windscreen then use a full face bike helmet, it might just stop a stone killing you

David Jenkins - 13/4/11 at 10:26 AM

I have been hit on the visor by a bumble bee while out driving - made a hell of a bang and scared the life out of me! It would have done some damage to my face...

...one of the reasons I now have a windscreen!

scootz - 13/4/11 at 10:34 AM

The Wylies offer some of the best eye-protection for the money, but like the others say... get a helmet on!

They'll keep bugs out, but a relatively small stone being kicked up would destroy them (and your head!).

Mr Whippy - 13/4/11 at 10:34 AM

one alternitive, though not sure how it would look on a 7 is to do what I did on my beach buggy. It has a fold down screen (narrowed alloy landy one) in town I'd just flip it down but when taking it on the dual carrage way I just fipped it up, the wind pressure keeps it there no problem giving me plenty of protection and no need for clamps. Also no need for wipers either for the MOT so got round that problem.

blakep82 - 13/4/11 at 11:45 AM

those glasses are great, until a 1/2" diameter stone hits your forehead on the motorway.
get a proper helmet and don't waste money on glasses

designer - 13/4/11 at 01:17 PM

I've got a full screen on my machine, just want a bit 'extra' for the side, or from the front tyres.

mrwibble - 13/4/11 at 02:13 PM

what ever you buy, buy polycarb lenses, pretty much bullet proof, but are easily scratched.

James - 13/4/11 at 03:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mrwibble
what ever you buy, buy polycarb lenses, pretty much bullet proof, but are easily scratched.

You can buy workshop glasses that are designed to survive lumps flying off lathes etc. Can get both sunglass lenses and clear.

I presume these are polycarb? They have an 'impact' rating.

Cheers,
James

James - 13/4/11 at 03:18 PM

I have a full face motorbike helmet I wear.

Considering a flip-front type to make things a bit easier to talk to people and the like. Seem a bit pricey though!

Cheers,
James

Johneturbo - 13/4/11 at 04:20 PM

I've got this set really, they are comfy to wear with the strap and have the different lenses for daytime/night

military spec balistic rated (obviously won't stop brick)

http://www.uksportseyewear.co.uk/product.php/132/dixon-brand-militery-spec-eyewear-tac-3