Board logo

Exhaust advice
Lightybob - 7/8/11 at 11:47 AM

Hi,

I am looking to buy a new performance exhaust for my Locost 7. the engine is a Burton tuned 1300 Crossflow.

Does it need to have a heat shield for the SVA test?

Does anybody have experience/ advice on the best system?

I was looking at the CCR Chromerzone system from Europa, cost is approximately £250-£300,

I would like to do Hillclimbs, sprints and track days, the car is booked for SVA test on the 8th sept so it needs to comply.

Thanks David

Arthur T wareing - 7/8/11 at 12:17 PM

hi I have a 4into2into1 from a westfield I think its stainless as magnets don't stick it fouls the diagonal on my STMS and aries take it over the top rail so I have decided to make my own If you live within easy traveling distance you are welcome to try it for fit. Regards Arthur

Lightybob - 7/8/11 at 12:40 PM

Thanks Arthur

I have a 4-2-1 manifold it's the silencer that I am looking for,

Thanks David

scoop - 7/8/11 at 03:29 PM

Where are you?

Lightybob - 7/8/11 at 03:55 PM

Leeds, Monk Fryston

Peteff - 7/8/11 at 04:51 PM

It doesn't need a heat shield. If you are going for IVA soon I would fit a nice quiet standard silencer to the car then look at a performance exhaust after you've passed.

Lightybob - 7/8/11 at 05:46 PM

Yes I thought about doing that, my present exhaust has a small split in the silencer and the tail pipe is does not have a radius

on the end, I thought that I might be able to have that welded, together with the correct radius on the end of the pipe. Is it

not possible to purchase a performance system that would improve performance and still conform to the IVA standards?

Thanks David

Ninehigh - 7/8/11 at 07:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lightybob
Is it not possible to purchase a performance system that would improve performance and still conform to the IVA standards?

Thanks David

The two aren't necessarily inclusive.

For example IVA standards require a reverse gear, which bec gearboxes do not have. I'm not entirely familiar with the alternative used but I've heard they sap performance and thus "fall off" after the IVA..

Use a crappy quiet one for IVA then it complies, and it still complies when it "falls off" and is replaced with a performance one

franky - 7/8/11 at 08:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lightybob
Yes I thought about doing that, my present exhaust has a small split in the silencer and the tail pipe is does not have a radius

on the end, I thought that I might be able to have that welded, together with the correct radius on the end of the pipe. Is it

not possible to purchase a performance system that would improve performance and still conform to the IVA standards?

Thanks David

Of course it is however you're better off getting one made to suit your car.