Board logo

London F1 ?
jonno - 30/6/12 at 06:33 PM

Got some potential

http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=Xx7neIAVbxo

rusty nuts - 30/6/12 at 06:57 PM

Wonder how much the congestion charge or whatever its called these days will be??

daniel mason - 30/6/12 at 07:16 PM

previewed the circuit on sky F1 HD last night. its gonna be a night race too if it goes ahead

BenB - 30/6/12 at 07:46 PM

It will never happen. Just Bernie up to his usual tricks e.g. pretend New York is going to happen to encourage the boys down in Texas to cough up more dough, give the British GP to Donnington when it's clear they won't manage to screw more stuff out of Silverstone....

They looked at doing a "Docklands" Grand Prix and decided it was too complicated. The docklands are dead at the weekends. If that's too complicated how are they going to do one in London during the weekend. They won't.

RK - 30/6/12 at 08:08 PM

Formula 1 TM, is just one great big advert. "C'mon, let's buy Uncle Bernie another collectible car or 3, and us each another yacht in Monaco"

matt_gsxr - 30/6/12 at 08:10 PM

Good to see that Santander are spending their billions of German bail-out cash on something sensible (not).

RIE - 1/7/12 at 07:25 AM

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't street circuits renowned for practically zero overtaking? It's more of a circus for the spectators than actual racing.

TheGiantTribble - 1/7/12 at 08:39 AM

Mmmm got to say I think it's a brilliant distraction from
Bernie admitting to bribe and evade a tax investigation
Oh and wasn't the bribe about £44 million to evade £2 billion
tax... no wonder he said he could fund the race

Rod Ends - 1/7/12 at 03:14 PM

quote:
Sir Stirling Moss:

Formula One's not a sport, it's a business now.
If Lewis Hamilton wins a race he has to go speak to Vodafone.
If I won I'd try and chase a bit of crumpet.