Board logo

Happy Fathers Day! What did you get?
bi22le - 15/6/14 at 06:37 PM

I received for my second ever Fathers day a large box of Hotel Chocolate ( seriously underated, its not just for women!), a £50 promise for anything car related and my wife looked after our little monkey for the day so I could waste time on the car(no need to go more into that, I did literately WASTE the bloomin' day!)

Anyone else blessed with a day to tinker?

big_wasa - 15/6/14 at 06:49 PM

I got told despite twenty hours work on the house that I hadn't got enough done.

kj - 15/6/14 at 06:50 PM

T shirts and time in the garage car running sweet need to wire up Speedo healer and book mot.

JoelP - 15/6/14 at 06:55 PM

The missus got the total wrong end of the stick and organised a family day out. It didn't go down too well when I explained that she was meant to take the kids and do one for the day. Ah well...

owelly - 15/6/14 at 06:57 PM

I got to go to bed after another 12hr nightshift........with the family being so quiet, I could hear them telling each other to be quiet all day......back at work now for some peace and quiet.

Barkalarr - 15/6/14 at 07:05 PM

My kids bought me a hair cut and Turkish shave - the dorris thought it would be a fab day out for us....
So let's get this right.... I've got to go to London (£58 return and 2 hours travel) to have a hair cut at Ted Baker, then I can walk around the shops with her and spend the afternoon on Oxford street.
Give you a clue who's idea this present was?

SWMBO did redeem herself by cooking the most epic steak EVER !
I'm suitably full now watching the football... Smashing !

StevieB - 15/6/14 at 07:34 PM

I got a Nespresso machine, which is a little random but very nice all the same.

Then I spent the day in the garden breaking out old fence post bases with my neighbour so we can build our new fence to a better standard than persimmon did in the first place. But at least I was fully buzzed on decent coffee all day

liam.mccaffrey - 15/6/14 at 07:50 PM

I got to spend the day at A+E because we thought the boy (3yr old) had broken his foot.
To be honest though any day you walk out of a hospital with your nearest and dearest alive and well is a good one.

TimC - 15/6/14 at 08:43 PM

Number 1 son arrived on Wednesday so I was just pleased to "take part" for the first time. I did get a card though - the kid is obviously a genius, his handwriting is better than mine!

INDY BIRD - 15/6/14 at 08:55 PM

Kids got me up at 05:45 am wife slept in till 9 am grrr and then got a card, and some pics of the kids nice,

Then had to do the gardening and tonight family around and a BBQ I had to cook for eight some day off cheers

Still I love my kids they make me smile just when you need it

DIY Si - 15/6/14 at 09:58 PM

I got the pleasure of buying the dinner the other half then cooked for us, having spent the day doing nothing at all that I wanted to do. She also thinks the day should be spent together doing what she thinks, rather than Daddy getting to do what HE wants for a whole day, with no questions asked for once! I wouldn't mind, but she tells me quite often that I should be making more progress!!

But I did get a really good, thick new mug with my little one's paw prints on it for the garage, so not too bad overall.

[Edited on 15/6/14 by DIY Si]

carlknight1982 - 15/6/14 at 10:28 PM

Well I didnt get the phone call from my kids that i was hoping for, thanks the ex wife.
I did however get a card from my step son, a mug and a litre bottle of smirnoff gotta love my fiancee

paulf - 15/6/14 at 10:59 PM

I was lucky enough to get a driving day voucher that lets me drive a Ferrari 360, lambo gallardo, and an aston db9 or v8 vantage.Unfortunately it is only a few laps in each but should be good as an experience depending on whether I get to put my foot down at all.It was surprise as its the first time I have ever had anything other than chocolate on fathers day.
Paul

JacksAvon - 15/6/14 at 11:11 PM

Rear lights wired up.

Extended wheels studs fitted

Trial fit of 13" rims done.

Rear arches re fitted.

New grp race seat trimmed with new angry grinder

Seat belts mount sorted.

bacon roles

beer

TV

bed

Splendid

Macbeast - 16/6/14 at 08:11 AM

Four texts

mcerd1 - 16/6/14 at 08:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TimC
Number 1 son arrived on Wednesday so I was just pleased to "take part" for the first time. I did get a card though - the kid is obviously a genius, his handwriting is better than mine!

congratulations!

Our little girl arrived just in time for mothers day - so mummy got a card and easter eggs (its what she wanted, apparently they taste better than normal chocolate ?)

and yesterday I got a card and a mug (printed with pictures of me and my baby girl) - my daughters hand writing is also much better than mine now! (defiantly much better than it was back on mothers day, so she's making progress.....)
then we went out for lunch with some of our mates and there baby - for once both babies were both quite quiet

but I think my dad got the best present - fancy new bluepoint spanners

[Edited on 16/6/2014 by mcerd1]

Trollyjack - 16/6/14 at 10:41 AM

Card, Chocholates
Wife said shall we have a Indian takeaway.
So me and the Daugther went and picked it up onroute called for a swift couple pints John Smiths.
So it cost me £30

sdh2903 - 16/6/14 at 10:46 AM

An oil leak to fix

Irony - 16/6/14 at 10:56 AM

I got this

Mr Whippy - 16/6/14 at 11:35 AM

a nice cuddle from my daughter