Board logo

Lost key
corrado vr6 - 30/4/15 at 10:17 PM

Hi there

I have a Vauxhall corsa that I have had in storage and have lost the key, is it possible to get another made by Vauxhall using the vin or reg?

Regards
Greg

splitrivet - 30/4/15 at 11:26 PM

If youve got the manual wallet you should find the key number and key code on a card in the pack this will let a locksmith cut the key. They will then have to code the key with the vehicle.
A local locksmith did this for me a couple of months back when some tw@t walked off with my only key while working on site in my Combo. After ringing round and trying tinterweb who's prices ranged from £200 to £280, the local guy did it for £180 this included a spare non remote key and a visit to where the vehicle was left.
If you do it via Vauxhall with vin number only its a right faff, they will need to see your V5 before they order the key , then they will want the car at the dealers to reprogram the motor, your talking £300 + VAT.
The van was stuck on site for 4 days, moral of story, if you only have 1 key for your Vauxhall get a spare done .
Cheers,
Bob

DW100 - 1/5/15 at 09:44 AM

What sort of age corsa is it?

The level of security changes with age. Do you have the CAR PASS ? (credit card sized piece of card) That should have key number, security pin and radio code on it.

[Edited on 1/5/15 by DW100]