Board logo

Foundation maths question
graememk - 14/6/11 at 05:42 PM

If theres 5 chairs in 1 room and 7 chairs in another room, how many crayons can you fit up your nose ?

steve m - 14/6/11 at 05:47 PM

two

daniel mason - 14/6/11 at 05:49 PM

all depends on the size of your nostril. i reckon i could get 2 in each!

BigFaceDave - 14/6/11 at 05:53 PM

You'd be hard pushed to beat Daniella Westbrooke!

Staple balls - 14/6/11 at 05:53 PM

How big are the crayons?

se7en - 14/6/11 at 06:48 PM

The proper answer is none as there are only chairs in the rooms.

Ninehigh - 14/6/11 at 08:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by se7en
The proper answer is none as there are only chairs in the rooms.

In which case neither are you, you're in the room with the crayons.

Project7 - 14/6/11 at 08:36 PM

what colour are the crayons?

stevebubs - 14/6/11 at 08:55 PM

what flavour are the crayons?

Dusty - 14/6/11 at 09:00 PM

This is a painful question for me. As a nipper my brother who suffered chronic ear infections was always getting all the attention at the doctors so one day in the surgery garden I stuck a holly berry up my nose. Great fuss made, GP hoiked it out with no problem and juvenile munchausen syndrome noted.
I then graduated to a purple wax crayon a few weeks later. Only it wouldn't come out. Purple snot for a while till the pong got the better of the family. GP couldn't get it out so it was off to ENT. I still vividly remember being held down by two nurses while someone ferreted round up my nose with a pair of forceps to remove said crayon. It hurt. Lots. There were no repeat performances.
So the crayon's in the bedroom with only one chair and one is enough unless you like pain. And that's the correct answer unless you work for AQUA or some other exam board when there doesn't have to be a correct answer.

HowardB - 14/6/11 at 09:04 PM

I think that you'll find that the correct answer is:

blue!

Ninehigh - 15/6/11 at 08:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by HowardB
I think that you'll find that the correct answer is:

blue!

The blue ones get you high don't they?

loggyboy - 15/6/11 at 09:10 PM

02GF74 - 17/6/11 at 12:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dusty
I then graduated to a purple wax crayon a few weeks later. Only it wouldn't come out. Purple snot for a while till the pong got the better of the family. GP couldn't get it out so it was off to ENT. I still vividly remember being held down by two nurses while someone ferreted round up my nose with a pair of forceps to remove said crayon. It hurt. Lots. There were no repeat performances.

I hope many will draw from your experience.

Confused but excited. - 17/6/11 at 01:37 PM

^