Board logo

how unlikley is that "!!!!
02GF74 - 11/1/08 at 02:11 PM

Twins separated at birth marry each other WITHOUT knowing they are brother and sister

Mr Whippy - 11/1/08 at 02:14 PM

oops!

thebull - 11/1/08 at 02:19 PM

they must have had quite a lot in common with other ??

worX - 11/1/08 at 02:41 PM

"There will be more cases like this if children are not given access to the truth. The needs of the child must always be paramount."
I don't think there will be THAT many more cases like this in all honesty!

I just don't like the thought of that to be honest - as in - I REALLY don't like the thought of it. Just imagine if they got pregnant before realising...

Steve

smart51 - 11/1/08 at 02:54 PM

Do you think they had the conversation "... wow, that's the same day as my birthday. What are the chances of that?"

balidey - 11/1/08 at 03:08 PM

That guy NEVER has to work a day in his life again. He can just use the old line.....

'I can't come in to work today, I'm sick'

'How sick are you?'

You know the rest

iank - 11/1/08 at 03:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by worX
"There will be more cases like this if children are not given access to the truth. The needs of the child must always be paramount."
I don't think there will be THAT many more cases like
Steve

Not so sure, there seem to be a relatively significant number of annulments per year, though I suppose the vast majority would be bigamy related.

quote:
Marriages can be annulled if one of the parties was under 16 at the time of the wedding, if it was a bigamous union, or if the couple are closely related.

The latest figures, for 2005, show 251 marriages were annulled that year.

speedyxjs - 11/1/08 at 05:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by balidey
That guy NEVER has to work a day in his life again. He can just use the old line.....

'How sick are you?'

You know the rest

No need for a doctors note

davidosullivan - 11/1/08 at 08:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by balidey

'How sick are you?'

You know the rest

I've had a rubbish stressful week - and that almost made me cry with laughter.

Thanks!

[Edited on 11/1/08 by davidosullivan]

Bob C - 11/1/08 at 08:34 PM

I was thinking idly along the lines of the child of identical twins would be a clone of the parents & there couldn't be any "health" issues.

DOH identcal twins must be same sex......

Dangle_kt - 11/1/08 at 08:39 PM

You would have thought that the woman might have clocked on when she started to receive advances from a guy named Billy Joe Bob.

JoelP - 11/1/08 at 09:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Bob C
I was thinking idly along the lines of the child of identical twins would be a clone of the parents & there couldn't be any "health" issues.

DOH identcal twins must be same sex......

identical twins may be genetically identical but they still have 2 copies of each chromosome, so it is very unlikely that any (impossible) child would be genetically identical.

AT LAST! my degree comes in useful!