Board logo

These any good?
coozer - 3/3/08 at 09:24 PM

I quite fancy one of these. look super comfy inside Back seats fold down etc etc

What they like to own/mpg, similar to Pajero??

Mitsubishi
Mitsubishi

Not so keen on the new shape ones, main thing for me is MPG!!
Steve

[Edited on 3/3/08 by coozer]

carpmart - 3/3/08 at 09:26 PM

Sorry but that is pretty ugly!

tjoh84 - 3/3/08 at 09:28 PM

as about what is there to like

paulf - 3/3/08 at 09:30 PM

It might be ok but seem to be driven mainly by asians in my area, theres a few groups of them turn up at work in them normally called Bangla wagons by us.
Paul.

LBMEFM - 3/3/08 at 09:35 PM

Go for a Renault Espace

owelly - 3/3/08 at 09:52 PM

Mazda Bongo! That's what you want. I have one, although it's badged as a Ford Freda, and it's marvellous!!

PAUL FISHER - 3/3/08 at 09:52 PM

They are base on the pajero,the L300 model,like the one above are the 2.5D,watch out for head gasket problems,and they have a cambelt,unlike the later 2.8D versions that have a chain,I had a 2.8 pajero,and got around 18mpg,a new someone with a 2.5D he did a bit better with around 25mpg,but had no were near the power of mine

Mr Whippy - 3/3/08 at 10:02 PM

Apparently well like by owners, I know one who considers it to be a future classic

No I don't see it either

coozer - 3/3/08 at 10:04 PM

I reckon with the roo bar off the front it may look better. Its the luxury inside I'm taken with, and the small size compared to the newer ones.

Renault what? No way man, its French. The only French car I would have is a Saxo and that would be a sacrificial donor to convert to RWD and fill up with Ford mechanics.

Mazda Bongo is plain ugly, but, beauty is in the eye of the beholder......

We don't see many of them round here as we don't have more than two corner shops full! They've all got the vans mind for the 8 for a fiver fill ups

Mr Whippy - 3/3/08 at 10:08 PM

you'll understand that will have to repaint it -

http://www.autocult.com.au/img/gallery/full/YPPX24SP.jpg

[Edited on 3/3/08 by Mr Whippy]

owelly - 3/3/08 at 11:09 PM

Ugly??
Not a good piccy but I always considered it to be inoffensive!....

[Edited on 3/3/08 by owelly]

tks - 3/3/08 at 11:29 PM

hammond flipped it on the TG circuit if i remember... well

sow be prepared its sucks in the corners..

Tks

bimbleuk - 4/3/08 at 07:51 AM

I've been hankering after a Toyota Town Ace "Royal Lounge" myself! Similar concept but being based on a van chassis they tend to be fairly heavy which offsets the diesel engine a bit and usually only in auto.

If the Mazda/Mitsubishi are like the Toyota the engines can suffer from heat being tucked away under the chassis working ventilation is important.

iank - 4/3/08 at 09:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by tks
hammond flipped it on the TG circuit if i remember... well

sow be prepared its sucks in the corners..

Tks

He was trying a Scandinavian flick at the time. Doubt many narrow vans/people carriers would have done any different.

Phil.J - 4/3/08 at 09:54 AM

Delica L300's are getting quite sort after by the surf crowd, and newly imported models are going for good money. I've got a series 2 L400 and it is a great vehicle, loads of torque for towing and a big interior.
There is an enthusiastic owners club:
http://www.mdocuk.co.uk/

Spyderman - 4/3/08 at 12:28 PM

Not driven one of those, but did have a Toyota Space Cruiser due to large family.

Interior space and relative comfort; it was pretty good.
Carrying capacity; brilliant. Very versatile.

Driving; View over hedgerows and traffic is pretty good. Anything other than that was dire.
Handling; was awful. Terrible understeer on even the slightest damp surface. Don't even consider if there are any speed humps near you. You will rapidly become seasick even at very low speeds. Bumps are just as bad.

Maintenance; Nothing is simple on these things when the engine is inside the vehicle. Expect hefty maintenance bills as there would be massive amounts of labour charged for the slightest of things.

Other than that enjoy!

nick205 - 4/3/08 at 12:50 PM

I'm sorry, but you've all gone a bit barking

A good ol' Ford Trannie is what you want - if you need more seats then go for the Tourneo (sp?) model. Style to taste with custom paint, interior trimmings, alloys and voila you're away.

If you get bored you could even slot in a nice Cossie motor and fit some bigger slicker tyres to spice things up a bit.

Did you see the delightful Sabine tracking a transit on the 'Ring?

speedyxjs - 4/3/08 at 01:33 PM

^^^^^^ il second that ^^^^^^