Board logo

MK Indy - 2.0l Blacktop (R6 TBs) Megasquirt Remapping
GavR - 11/10/10 at 12:59 PM

Hi All.

Im thinking about getting my MK indy 2l Zetec blacktop (Running R6 TBs) remapped because i'm not happy with the fuel consumption.

The power is amazing! but i'm constantly filling up lol

I reckon that the car is over fueling a tad and would like to get it to have a reasonable mpg.

I think ATM i'm getting about 15-20mpg (very steady driving) and everyone I speak to about it reckons I should be getting at least 30mpg.

Does any know of any places that deal with Megasquirt ECUs? Ive been to Noble Motorsport in Chesterfield but they just seem to deal with OMEX and don't know much about Megasquirt.

Will a remap suss this or is there an more cost saving alternative?

I live in South Yorkshire so I don't want to be going miles and miles away.

Cheers

Gav

mangogrooveworkshop - 11/10/10 at 01:21 PM

diff ratio and weight of your right foot will all be factors

ashg - 11/10/10 at 01:54 PM

hook it up to the laptop and have a look to see if fuel cut on over run is enabled. have you got a wideband sensor as you should be able to tweak the current map pretty easily on cruise.

could be that you dont have enough inlet velocity at lower rpm's but i would certainly look at the fueling first.

do you have the msq file? may be worth uploading it for people to have a look.

i would say 30mpg on tb's is aiming a little high 25 would be more realistic.

edit: forgot to say atspeed are pretty comfortable with megasquirt but they are down in essex

[Edited on 11/10/10 by ashg]

whitestu - 11/10/10 at 03:01 PM

Wouldn't you expect TBs to be more efficient than carbs, not less?

My Blacktop will do high 30s MPG on ZX6R carbs, which are similar in venturi size to R6 TBs.

Stu

matt_gsxr - 11/10/10 at 03:32 PM

wideband lambda is the cheaper way sort this out.

It should be very easy to sort the cruise fueling.

The other thing to check is that your advance is working properly (timing light job) as retarded timing will certainly power and hence fuel consumption.

Matt

GavR - 11/10/10 at 05:33 PM

How can I upload my megasquirt file? I have the cable and a laptop with the correct port.

austin man - 11/10/10 at 06:19 PM

30 mpg should be achievable Im getting that on a carbed silvertop