Poll: Anyone interested in a Quaife ATB Diff Group Buy? (Take 2) [View Results]
7inch sierra me up (QDF15Z)
Some other Quaife ATB (pls specify)
Some other Quaife products (pls specify)
Nothing for me ta

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone interested in a Quaife ATB Diff Group Buy? (Take 2)
hobbsy

posted on 12/1/09 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
Well according to Quaife themselves (as I put in my post earlier) the max discount they give to anyone at the moment is 20% (even if they are spending >£0.5m in a year), this may have been BS but I can't see that RD can sell it at more than a 20% discount from retail and still make a profit.

As Quaife seem to keep increasing their prices if they have old stock they want to shift that they bought in for less I could be proven wrong...

philw

posted on 16/1/09 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
Well i'm f*****d, just been made redundant so i'm out.

Must try harder

hobbsy

posted on 16/1/09 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear that philw.

It seems it is not a great time for this for a lot of people.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic.

Really need some more people to decide and respond - I've got to say the end of the month is probably the cut off.

If there aren't enough then it will be mothballed and I will probably just buy my own diff at full price I just thought we could all benefit this way...

mads

posted on 16/1/09 at 06:34 PM Reply With Quote
i'm in - i just need someone to tell me if i need to have a LSD already or does this just fit into an open diff? and anyone know where i can then get the diff rebuilt from? (yes,i'm a numpty and dont have a clue what i'm doing )

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

hobbsy

posted on 16/1/09 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
mads,

You can get ATB's that will fit into either but its less costly if its a diff with push in shafts. I currently have a 3.38 with push in shafts so the QDF15Z will go in and I can use my old drive shafts.

If you have a diff with bolt on shafts then you need to get the more expensive version I mentioned above.

What do you have?

I have spoke to Phil at Road & Race transmissions who are just down the road from Quaife and he can fit them for around 90quid. If there are any other issues with your diff that need sorting he can do his at the same time.

If the end of Jan comes along and we don't have the 15 we need for 20% I can probably still negotiate a smaller discount so please don't be put off coming forward if you want one.

Hope this answers your questions.

hobbsy

posted on 26/1/09 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
Very quick update as i´m working.

Basically I´ve been offered a different option we a lot lower quantities but still good discounts.

I´ll post details later when I have more time.

But its still VERY important that I have a show of hands of those who are firmly interested.

hobbsy

posted on 27/1/09 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
Please see new thread posted here:

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=105205

Apologies for the fresh post but I need to raise the profile a bit...

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.