Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: There's something funny going on in my garage
Humbug

posted on 27/4/09 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Hignett

Not locost enough! What you want is a job lot of those curly cables that pens are on at supermarket cash tills, etc. Fix one end with a dab of superglue onto each tool, and the other end to the tool board/shelf of your choice. Then once you've finished using it, let go and it should spring back to it's place

Staple balls

posted on 27/4/09 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
Yup, I suffer from this a lot too.

The other problem I have is fridge suck.

No matter where you lose that tiny part you need to fix something, you can be sure it'll end up under the fridge/freezer, next to a pea that's been there since 1974.

mad4x4

posted on 27/4/09 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
It happens to me

but usually when needing a "punch" I walk off to the Shed with the hammer put it down pick up the punch and walk back to the car. Then spend 10 mins looking for the bloodly hammer.

Simially with things like sockets & ratchets.

Spanners also Climb just out of vision and reach Just after you have managed to wriggle into that awkward position under the landrover with CR*P falling in your eys.

OOO and mulitmeter leads always tie themselves in knots GRRR....

Scot's do it better in Kilts.

MK INDY's Don't Self Centre Regardless of MK Setting !

woodster

posted on 27/4/09 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
maybe one of these worn 24/7

http://www.bestbelt.com/images/5000/5191-toolbelt.jpg

DaveFJ

posted on 27/4/09 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
I recently spent 3 hours searching for a 13mm ring spanner... eventually found it had fallen into a bucket of old engine oil that was awaiting disposal.... quite how it magically migrated from where i was working right across to the other end of the garage i will never know!

I blame the squirrels! crafty b*ggers with thier twitchy noses!

[Edited on 27-4-09 by DaveFJ]

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

coozer

posted on 27/4/09 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
I had to change the wiring on my new headlights the other and took the little screw out the bottom. Left it in the ring of a spanner I had on the floor.

Fixed the wiring, moved to the other light but couldn't find the screw, anywhere.....

Couple hours later I was in the garden and my slippers were making a metallic noise on the patio, low and behold the little screw embedded in the sole!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

DarrenW

posted on 27/4/09 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, happens to everyone.

Strangely i suffered it most just after my grandfather died. Im sure he was responsible for moving stuff about, probs only trying to help

Vindi_andy

posted on 27/4/09 at 03:02 PM Reply With Quote
I suffer this problem too but mines called the wife.

She has an incessant need to keep tidying tools away especially the ones i need. Got a nice little pile of them just where Im working them she comes along and tidies up and goes out of the garage again I turn round to pick up one of the aforementioned tools and its not there.

I then have to spend 5 minutes extricating myself to walk to the toolchest to retrieve the tool I need

chrisg

posted on 27/4/09 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
Fear not - I have the answer!

Remember when you were little and you had those mittens with the long cord that went up one sleeve and down the other?

Bit of string with a 13mm spanner on one end and a crosshead screwdriver on the other threaded through your overalls!

The down side is that you'll need 30 sets of overalls, more if you need to cover imperial/Whitworth/BA/BSP etc.

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

mr henderson

posted on 27/4/09 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
I'm glad I'm not the only one. When I'm a little bit richer I will employ the garage equivalent of a operating theatre nurse.

John

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.