New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: RS4 V8 Progress...
scootz

posted on 16/2/10 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
7.5k?!
wish i had the money to do stuff like that

That's over two years mind and it's the only vice I have... I don't drink, smoke and am pretty much confined to barracks - it doesn't cost much to 'run' Scootz!

Works out at less than a tenner a day, or less than £70 a week... I know I would blow that on a Friday night out easily!

It's Evolution Baby!

scootz

posted on 16/2/10 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cd.thomson
Sorry Scootz! I deleted my post with the valuation in it so as to not spoil the game

I hope you can use it somehow, it'd be a shame to have to pass it on!

ETA - lol this has all got so confused now!!

[Edited on 16/2/10 by cd.thomson]

S'alright Craig... I've adjusted my posts accordingly so the last few entries make some sense!

It's Evolution Baby!

blakep82

posted on 16/2/10 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
7.5k?!
wish i had the money to do stuff like that

That's over two years mind and it's the only vice I have... I don't drink, smoke and am pretty much confined to barracks - it doesn't cost much to 'run' Scootz!

Works out at less than a tenner a day, or less than £70 a week... I know I would blow that on a Friday night out easily!

yeah, true enough it does look awesome though

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

mcerd1

posted on 16/2/10 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
S'alright Craig... I've adjusted my posts accordingly so the last few entries make some sense!

your just trying to confuse me now

I think I have a fair idea what he bill would be like - I've got one of my own somewhere.... so 2x Clyinders +4x Valves =

I think Alec liked my crank pulley - as for the rest of the engine - he just thinks I'm mad

btw - you could have had 2 and a bit of my pinto's for that money

did he ever show you that audi V6 he was doing a while back ? (twin turbo I think ?)

[Edited on 16/2/10 by mcerd1]

-

omega 24 v6

posted on 16/2/10 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
looks great but too high for a seven possibly.

Has Alec dynoed it?? what did it make ??

Also it must be in your shed now or Alec has had the paint brush out and a spring clean LOL

Next time you see him tell him Gary from fraserburgh and the hotrods was asking after him (and Grandad hows he doing?)

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

scootz

posted on 16/2/10 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mcerd1
did he ever show you that audi V6 he was doing a while back ? (twin turbo I think ?)

Never saw it Robert... I meant to ask to see your engine whilst i was there but forgot - will check it out next time I'm in.

It's Evolution Baby!

mcerd1

posted on 16/2/10 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Never saw it Robert... I meant to ask to see your engine whilst i was there but forgot - will check it out next time I'm in.

not unless you've got really good eyesight - I've had it back for more than a year

assembled it myself to save 10 hours of labour - just need to check the piston/ valve clearance - then it'll be done
(just incase - I trust Alec, but its never been fully built + timmed yet so I don't want to find out the hard way...)

-

scootz

posted on 16/2/10 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by omega 24 v6
looks great but too high for a seven possibly.

Has Alec dynoed it?? what did it make ??

Also it must be in your shed now or Alec has had the paint brush out and a spring clean LOL

Next time you see him tell him Gary from fraserburgh and the hotrods was asking after him (and Grandad hows he doing?)

Not been dyno'd yet Gary as the machine at the shop doesn't have the capability. Alec suggested that Wallace Performance up in my old stomping ground of Aberdeen may be my best bet.

Still at the shop... Alec cleaned the room to take photo's of my engine for their website

As for Grandad... he's in good form - he's responsible for my block looking nice and shiny!

I'll pas on your regards when I'm next in.

It's Evolution Baby!

scootz

posted on 16/2/10 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

not unless you've got really good eyesight - I've had it back for more than a year

I thought it was still there! Crikey... it's obviously not just my spine that's goosed - my brains fading too!

It's Evolution Baby!

mcerd1

posted on 16/2/10 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

I thought it was still there! Crikey... it's obviously not just my spine that's goosed - my brains fading too!

don't worry I'll let you see it once I've got things sorted out a bit in the garage

other things seem to keep getting in the way - the central heatings just gone fubar (10min ago) I wonder what'll be next.....

oh, incase you forgoten you can't use that V8 cause you said I could have it for nowt

-

T66

posted on 17/2/10 at 06:19 AM Reply With Quote
MMMMmmmmm

I may have changed my thoughts on the Blackbird engine !

The Audi looks great, whatever you fit that in will need a bonnet guard to prevent animals & small children being sucked in.

Nice one

l0rd

posted on 17/2/10 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
Scootz, If you were to sell all your toys apart the ultima and the engine, Can't you raise the money to finish it off?
Ninehigh

posted on 17/2/10 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
Actually I think it would pretty darn good in a 7 with those Trumpets of Jericho sticking out of the bonnet!

scootz

posted on 17/2/10 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
Trumpets of Jericho...

Lol... a name is born!

It's Evolution Baby!

scootz

posted on 17/2/10 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by l0rd
Scootz, If you were to sell all your toys apart the ultima and the engine, Can't you raise the money to finish it off?

I've done the sums and it's a non-starter. I actually think I'm quite happy with the Quantum... it has bags of room and I can get (reasonably) comfy in it. Bung a nice engine in it and trick up the brakes and suspension and it might become something really quite good!

It's Evolution Baby!

mcerd1

posted on 17/2/10 at 04:25 PM Reply With Quote
what state is the ultima in at the moment ?

-

scootz

posted on 17/2/10 at 04:33 PM Reply With Quote
No two parts assembled!

It's Evolution Baby!

Attackbuilder

posted on 17/2/10 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Scootz....

Can u give me a call sometime.....i've got a stocky RS4 engine for my K1, thinking of having a play before it drops in.
Be interested in seeing what you've done.

Regards

Nathan
07855 450199

scootz

posted on 17/2/10 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
Will do Nathan!

It's Evolution Baby!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.