yes
no

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: have you ever broken speed limit on public highway
owelly

posted on 5/3/11 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
yup. Just about every time I'm in the car....... It must be the speed limits fault. Or the road....

FYEO.....165.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MakeEverything

posted on 5/3/11 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
quote:
Originally posted by MakeEverything
In which case, mine would be 185mph. Legally too!

What were you up to!?

Well, the Isle of man has some very good roads (or was it the A10)?

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

JoelP

posted on 5/3/11 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
quote:
In which case, mine would be 185mph. Legally too!

What were you up to!?

Well, the Isle of man has some very good roads (or was it the A10)?

techincally you didnt break a speed limit then did you?! edit: oops, didnt read that properly!

I think that how fast people drive is a balance of their skill, their respect for the law, and their risk profile. Some people have no skill and no adversity to risk, and these are the most dangerous. Next is those who think they have skills and thus justify driving fast to themselves. The safest drivers are those who have good skills/experience but who also dont like risks.

My own problem is that i dont really respect rules, and im always in a rush. In fact, i cant really drive slowly, even if im going to get somewhere early.

[Edited on 5/3/11 by JoelP]

Ninehigh

posted on 5/3/11 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
I'm in the "anyone who's said no are either lying or joking" camp. Even my mum's broken the speed limit, the same mum of mine that meanders down the country a-roads of wales being overtaken by wagons and caravans.

(If you ever overtake a silver mondeo with the passenger trying to hide, and then a red Prius... Well I'm in the Mondeo!)

morcus

posted on 5/3/11 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
I refuse to accept that >12% of people on here have never been above the speed limit, unless most of them have never driven on the road. I'm not saying that I beilive every driver has broken the speed limit (Having been half an hour late for work stuck behind an old man who drove exactly 20MPH below every limit on friday) but I simply refuse to beilive that a sample like this would produce such results truthfully. Only this morning I was told of by a sign for doing 21 in a 20, then proceded through empty road works at 35 through a tempary 30 whilst 8 or 9 cars shot past in the next lane over

On the other hand I see no reason why anyone would lie.

To have never been above the speed limit you would have to drive everywhere considerably slower than the limit.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

Ninehigh

posted on 5/3/11 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
My point exactly, I'm willing to bet even Mr. Twenty Below Every Limit has done 31 in a 30 at some point... Even if he was coasting downhill

norfolkluego

posted on 5/3/11 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
39 years with a licence and never had a point on it, so in the eyes of the law, no.

I suspect most of the people on here rarely break the 'spirit' of the law even if we (that's you obviously) break the 'letter' of the law sometimes.

steve m

posted on 5/3/11 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
What a pointless thread !

but then 95% of the threads i see in the top panel are of a non car or locost related problem

steve m

posted on 5/3/11 at 10:56 PM Reply With Quote
So ive ticked the 200 mph button, just to be the first
Peteff

posted on 5/3/11 at 11:51 PM Reply With Quote
Who in their right mind is going to admit to breaking the law on a public forum?

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Ninehigh

posted on 6/3/11 at 12:25 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
Who in their right mind is going to admit to breaking the law on a public forum?

We who can't be traced. Google my name and you get a rap group

norfolkluego

posted on 6/3/11 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

86.52% of people obviously

morcus

posted on 6/3/11 at 11:54 PM Reply With Quote
I don't think it's admissable evidence in court anyway. To be perfectly honest I think if I phoned up the police right now and said I've been speeding they wouldn't do anything (Mostly because noone would answer the phone).

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

phoenix70

posted on 7/3/11 at 12:09 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Those of us that have already been caught

Richard Quinn

posted on 7/3/11 at 06:16 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by phoenix70
quote:

Those of us that have already been caught

Exactly, I couldn't exactly say "no" having had two speeding tickets - that would be lying on a public forum!

Mr Whippy

posted on 7/3/11 at 08:24 AM Reply With Quote
My mum hasn't but then she drives very very slowly and her brakes always rust up cos they don't get warm

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
TimC

posted on 7/3/11 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
My mum hasn't but then she drives very very slowly and her brakes always rust up cos they don't get warm

Slightly OT but my friend's mother is a terrible driver - she goes 50mph everywhere i.e. passed a school, down the highstreet, on the motorway...

sorens2

posted on 7/3/11 at 08:36 AM Reply With Quote
YES !

Almost every day I drive faster than allowed.

Newer been above 310 km/h (192 miles) on Danish roads. 130 km/h allowed.

Soren S2

[Edited on 7/3/11 by sorens2]

Peteff

posted on 7/3/11 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TimC
Slightly OT but my friend's mother is a terrible driver - she goes 50mph everywhere i.e. passed a school, down the highstreet, on the motorway...

My niece was complaining about her sat nav not telling her to turn till she was too close to junctions then one day she wanted me to go and look at a tent her mate was selling out in the wilds. Sat nav engaged and away we went and she says "Do you see what I mean, it didn't say turn till we were past the corner", says me "You were doing 50 in a 30 limit though". "Oh was I? I hadn't looked" She's been driving for at least 15 years and has a few tickets but has never learnt, she curses the driver in front for going too slow and has rear ended a couple on braking from being too close to their bumper

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Mr Whippy

posted on 7/3/11 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
^ sounds like my sister who doesn't seem to understand the concept of braking distance and has had a huge crash due to it. I once (on the way to the West coast from Aberdeen) actually refused to go any further in the car with her driving as she was so bad and only got going again when she finally let me drive as I'd just had enough

[Edited on 7/3/11 by Mr Whippy]

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

smart51

posted on 7/3/11 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Those who've already been done for it?

andyfiggy2002
Builder

Posts 236
Registered 10/6/05

Photo Archive Go!
Building: built megablade in 2004 & ive still got it

posted on 7/3/11 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for honesty guys

thanks guys, being the originator of this post the poll results so far show 88% yes, 12% no, so thanks for your honesty, right im a copper & all those that said yes are nicked, no only joking ...lol but i'm happy to admit i break the speed limit when the conditions, time of day & area allow, i enjoy my dry only early sunday morning country blats & this has allowed me to keep a clean license for the last 30 years, luck is not in the equation but common sense is!!!
Yazza54

posted on 7/3/11 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
Who hasn't?

The question is, who's doubled it?

I'm unhappy cos I eat and I eat cos I'm unhappy

JoelP

posted on 7/3/11 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
i managed +45 in a van, which i thought quite a foolish achievement?! IIRC i nearly caught someone out changing lane. Must say its been a long time since i doubled it though - and i did get nicked on that day!

andyfiggy2002
Builder

Posts 236
Registered 10/6/05

Photo Archive Go!
Building: built megablade in 2004 & ive still got it

posted on 7/3/11 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
often tempted to break limit in reverse as i have 6 fwd & 6 reverse, i guess problem for the coppers if they nicked me would be proving in court if i was coming or going
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.