Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: First car ideas!
hughpinder

posted on 2/8/12 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
Didn't someone one here mange to insure a scooter for a couple of years, and successfully transfer the NCB onto their first car? Or I may just be imagining that!
Best of luck anyway!
Hugh

eddie99

posted on 2/8/12 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
Good to see another young member on here, Adrian flux, footman james and best of all was MSM insurance.

At 19, i was paying just over a grand on a 1.8 61 plate seven with 4.5k miles and agreed value of 8k. Thats with MSM.

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
raguri

posted on 2/8/12 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
Wow this has had a lot of activity whilst i was away.
Decided to leave it until Donnington to make up my mind entirely, as it means i can have a look at the cars in question and see how safe they actually are. The only way to get cheap insurance on a "normal" car i've found, is to get something old, or incredibly new. However, the older cars will have next to no safety rating at all, and the newer cars are incredibly expensive to buy.
I know some of you will be thinking "He's young, he's going to be a fool in a car", but after seeing my brother right off two cars in the space of a month, i wont exactly be messing around. And with the addition of my best friend loosing all feeling and movement in his right arm (luckily, it's coming back slowly) 4 months ago after an accidental hit and run, it's re-inforced this even more. The black box idea, whilst good, is still only £200 cheaper, for less car.
I would get a motorbike/scooter, however, after both my dad and mum had an accident ages ago, they have both said that if my brother or I ever ride when we're living under the roof, they will kick us out.
My heart is set on a quantum if possible, with insurance at £1500, fully comp and unlimited mileage, it'd save quite a lot.

Sam

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.