Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Stoneleigh show this year...
scootz

posted on 7/5/13 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by T66
I have a confession to make, I snore.....VERY LOUD

LOL... I wish I could host the 'noises' somewhere on the web and share with everyone!

It's Evolution Baby!

Talon Motorsport

posted on 7/5/13 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
The trade stands and the manufacturers have to pay per square meter to be there, if trade is slow during the build up to the show they can't afford to be there simple as that. You could spend £1000-2000 easy just to stand there for 3 days for people just to walk by and say 'can't afford one of those' and move on to the next stand. Most of the people going to a kit car show have built their cars or are building a car and are there to look around and have a day out , nobody buy's a kit at a show if you are going to buy an expensive kit from a company you go to their place of business and spend a few hours talking to them face to face while they show you where it will all be made with out them being distracted by other people.

Truth is kit car shows are a waste of time for manufactures they are just there to make up the big holes between the parts stands. They spend good money during the year advertising in the kit car mags and what do they get from these mags when it comes to show time, discount to be there perhaps? When we used to do model railway shows there was free tea and coffee for the stands during the day, some of the bigger shows had a lunch thrown in too each day so that you felt that you where actually wanted there. I wonder what you deal you get as a trader at a kit car show?

The smaller shows will die out as they get less and less attended by every body due to people saying 'it's not what it once was' and guess what nobody bothers going...
You'll end up with one big show a year in the middle of the country that is treated as a social event that only a few of the bigger manufacturers can afford to attend.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
keith777

posted on 7/5/13 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irony
I think they should start charge a small fee for kitcar owners. I am sure most people wouldn't mind somewhere less than a fiver to keep the show running.

If It wasn't for the kit car owners taking their cars there,surely there wouldn't be a show !

cheers Keith

zekill

posted on 7/5/13 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MK9R
I was there on Sunday, hall 1 was very busy most of the day, and I thought the number of cars and amount of people outside was very high. Hall 2 did have some bare space and didn't feel as busy, but all in all a good show.

Hi, I have see your car this sunday, high modified Fury
if you remember, what is the beautiful green car behind ? thx.

Fisher Fury with Phoenix bodywork, Blade 919cc

stig mills

posted on 7/5/13 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Talon Motorsport
The trade stands and the manufacturers have to pay per square meter to be there, if trade is slow during the build up to the show they can't afford to be there simple as that. You could spend £1000-2000 easy just to stand there for 3 days for people just to walk by and say 'can't afford one of those' and move on to the next stand. Most of the people going to a kit car show have built their cars or are building a car and are there to look around and have a day out , nobody buy's a kit at a show if you are going to buy an expensive kit from a company you go to their place of business and spend a few hours talking to them face to face while they show you where it will all be made with out them being distracted by other people.

Truth is kit car shows are a waste of time for manufactures they are just there to make up the big holes between the parts stands.

Sorry to have to disagree. Manufacturers are there to fly the flag.
We do not have Country wide show rooms so we take our cars to the customers by doing shows at various times of the year in various locations, not just kit car shows but many different car shows. Sales wise you are wrong in saying "no one buys a kit at a show", My best year was 2011 when we took a staggering 16 Exocet orders at Stoneleigh. This year we sold 4 Mevsters and had a huge amount of positive interest from potential Replicar buyers.
So on a positive note, anyone reading that wishes to show their products to a target audience really does need to attend Newark in 6 weeks, 30th year, needless to say MEV and RTR will be exhibiting, please join us.
Stoneleigh 2013 was a fantastic show IMO.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Carbonman

posted on 7/5/13 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
Have to agree with stig mills. This was my first time at Stoneleigh as a trader and the experience was a totally positive one. The reason for going was not to simply sell as much stuff as possible, the whole reason for going for me was to speak to potential customers face to face and get a feel for what products they actually want/need, and get feedback as to whether or not what I am making fits that ethos. So in a nutshell PR & Marketing and for me totally worth while so will certainly be at Newark

Carbon Copies Ltd

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
eddie99

posted on 7/5/13 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
As above, we went to generate interest in the new car, not necessarily to flog parts.

Its important for the manufacturers to support the show and i still think its the best kit car show. Unfortunately we will be racing same weekend as Newark so won't be there.... Next show for us will probably be Autosport next year.

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Andybarbet

posted on 7/5/13 at 10:36 PM Reply With Quote
I bought my kit at Stoneleigh a few years back.

I had already done lots of research before hand & visited the Luego factory when they had an open day too.

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

scootz

posted on 8/5/13 at 08:24 AM Reply With Quote
Have to say that Westfield nearly got my dough for their XI's (even though I didn't go to the show with any thoughts about buying anything!).

Lovely wee car and they were offering 15% off for orders taken on the weekend! TBH, the only thing that stopped me was the lack of rollover protection (nothing in the hump, and the passenger - wife - would likely injure their neck in a solid rear end shunt). I had a wee think about how you would remedy it, but everything I came up with would ruin the look of the car.

It's Evolution Baby!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.