Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Silly Boy...
EX01

posted on 10/5/13 at 07:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
Sorry EX01, I re read your posts and it still comes across as "I don't condone speeding but....excuses..... he did it too". If I come across as aggressive it is because I'm sick of road users driving dangerously when I'm around, be they on a bike, in a car, in a bus. I wouldn't say any group was worse per se, but bikers are the only group I've heard discussing cutting people up as making room for themselves and claiming they are better than other road users because they are vulnerable and have to be, yet the stats suggest otherwise. I'm all for any road vehicle used sensibly. if you want to drive like a fool do it on a track or closed road is my only point. I don't care if anyone else is more or less vilified.

[Edited on 9/5/13 by coyoteboy]

Fair play it's probably more my poor wording, and I say again I agree when there are other people you can effect speeding is not cool and I don’t agree with it.
If I wanted to wrap myself up in cotten wool and not live a little before I die then I would and some people do and choose too that's fine as well in my book.
Everyone is different, in 20 years of enjoying myself on the the road I have never harmed anyone, never crashed and have a clean licence but some would call me a fool.

The beauty of a build is not the build or the drive when it’s done, it’s the sneaking the funds slowly past the wife as she remains blissfully unaware!

MikeRJ

posted on 10/5/13 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
If I come across as aggressive it is because I'm sick of road users driving dangerously when I'm around,

Speed is not the life threatening event you appear to think it is unless it's inappropriate for the conditions. People regularly do those sort of speeds without killing anyone, they just choose the time and place to do it.

As others have said, there are numerous other instances of bad driving that should be stamped down on, people driving whilst texting, people driving on drink/drugs, aggressive behavior etc.

Personally I'd far rather someone do 122mph on big open road than 50mph around a housing estate.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.