Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: running rich... and kangarooing
sssline

posted on 7/9/13 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
Air temp looks wrong 105'c the omex will be leaning out the fuel, as it thinks the air is hot and therefore less dense, might be worth checking the location and calibration of it, assume its an Omex sender and is being used?

Throttle of .57% was that with your foot off the pedal? If so TPS might need re call?

Cheers
Tony.R

https://www.facebook.com/groups/swkitcars/

AlexXtreme

posted on 7/9/13 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Tony,

I thought the air temp looked wrong as well as was about to post a note to say this...

The sensor looks like an omex unit (from looking at their web site) the location is in an opening area beside the engine and the wiring looks OK from what I can see, I disconnected it and it made no difference to the reading. How would you recalibrate the sensor or does it sound like it is faulty?

The snap shot was taken with a small amount of throttle (the rpm was around 2300 with no load)...

I thought also that the high air temp would lean out the engine however I am getting very low 22 mpg on a relativity constant motor way run.
Cheers
Alex

AlexXtreme

posted on 12/9/13 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Al,
The latest news on Omex / tuning challenge I have.
I had a play the sensor position.... and then disconnected the sensor! All made no difference.

I then contacted Omex for ideas and they sent me a start-up map to see if it fixed the problem. The air temp refused to deviate from 105C, checked the wiring and this looked oK. btw they were very helpful.

So... I have sent that unit and the sensor back to Omex yesterday and they are going to check it for faults. No idea on the costs yet - hope not much / nothing!
So now effectivly car- less.... :-(
Cheers
Alex

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.